IBM Interview Experience - Gurgaon, March 21, 2015
My name is Akash Bhargava and I am going to share my IBM Interview Experience and paper pattern.
APPLICATION FORM: Yes.
GROUP DISCUSSION: No.
WRITTEN TEST: yes.
Qualifications - 10th standard 70 %.
12th standard 70 %.
BE/B.TECH/M.TECH - 70 %.
Written Test process.
There were mainly 2 rounds.
1st was general Aptitude round.
2nd was English Assessment round.
There were mainly 36 questions. (time limit 2.15 minute per question).
First 18 questions were from number series and next section of 18 questions were consisting of Average, time, work questions (you can try questions on indiabix.com).
There were 22 questions which you have to finish within 20 minutes. (Generally questions were from email writing).
What went right for you at different stages of the process?
There were about 150 candidates appeared in 1st round, out of which approx. 85 cleared the 1st round.
Then we gave 2nd round of interview, it was simple. Approx. 50 cleared this round.
Then for the 3rd and final round, It was both tech. And H are combined. Approx. 44 got placed in this round.
I was one of them.
Question - What went wrong for you at different stages of the process?
Answer- Everything was fine, except the declaration of result.
It may take 4-5 hours for them to declare result of 1st round.
Question - What question (s) did you ask the interview panel?
Questions asked were:
1. Tell me something about yourself. (Answer of this question ensures 90% of your selection).
2. For which companies you have already tried ?
3. Then he came to my project (since it was android based, he asked me some related questions).
4. Then he told me to ask any question if I want.
Question- Any suggestions/dos & don'ts/ special preparation tips :
1. HR is definitely going to ask you - Tell me about yourself.
I would suggest you to sit alone for some time and note down the points what you have done in your life. I am sure that you will definitely find some points which makes you different from others.
- Please don't start with "thank you sir/madam for giving me this opportunity.
- Directly start your introduction with "hello sir /madam".
- Please don't say "myself is Akash Bhargava", say "my name is Akash Bhargava".
- I would suggest you to give some points :
2. Educational Qualifications.
4. Short term goal.
5. Long term goal.
** please don't tell him your family back ground until he insist you to say.
- For short term goal I would suggest you to add this line "I want to be a so that I can help my parents, because I think this is the right time for me to help them". (This will make him/her a little bit emotional).
2. They are definitely going to ask you about your project/Internship, so prepare well for it.
- If you answer both the above questions well, your selection chances are 99 %.
- Keep smiling while answering, and be positive.
3. If he insist you to ask some questions, then ask some related questions. (This makes them feel that you really want to work with them).
** Best of luck Friends **.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.