IBM(Associate Systems Engineer) Interview Experience - Pune, Dec 13, 2014.
Preparing for IBM interview??
Recently I got the golden opportunity to be one of the privileged candidates who were shortlisted for IBM interview (3rd round after apti and business writing test) for Associate Systems Engineer post.
I would say that each round gets easier as you crack them, apti being the toughest to crack (with maximum eliminations) while face-to-face interview round being relatively easy to crack( with min eliminations).
The HRs and the recruiting team is very polite and friendly.They make u feel home.Just brush up ur basics and thats all needed.They check your verbal skills, confidence, your inclination towards your job and company, subject knowledge..etc.,
Interview went something like this:
1. How are you today?
- I'm fine Sir, How are you.? (created a kind of bonding between me n the interviewer which is needed to keep the session going smoothly).
2. Tell me about yourself?
- (Here I mentioned my educational background, family in brief, current technology I learnt and my interest, hobbies, strengths..etc. Don't disclose your weaknesses here).
3. About your weakness?
- I think I am a bit emotional sometimes.
Sir went through my resume for around a couple of minutes..
4. What was the objective of your project.?
- Project was Face Recognition Application using PCA. I preferred to describe the future scopes of the project. ...Described everything else fluently and up to the mark.
5. You have done JAVA but what if we place in some other technology?
- Sir, I believe everything is a part of learning. A fresher finds many opportunities to learn by being in such challenging and dynamic environment. I will make myself capable of being in that technology by learning it. I think I will be comfortable
Last ques: Any questions for me?
-Sir I want to know about IBM's work culture..
He explained everything so nicely and properly.
At last shook hands with him and greeted Good Day.
The point is just be yourself, don't try to pretend which you are not, Be confident. Have your subject knowledge and project knowledge up to the mark.That's it.
Finally got selected.
All d best!!! :)
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.