IBM Interview Experience - SRM University, Chennai, November 11, 2014
We had three rounds:
1. Aptitude test:
18 Questions, each question had 2 minutes and 15 seconds time, back flip was not allowed, no negative marking either.
(It included- Time & Distance, Profit & Loss, Statistics, Percentage, Logical reasoning (basically number series and some more quantitative section))
- It had no verbal section (instead Communication Check round, discussed in next section.)
Total selected in Aptitude round - 130 out of 350, I was one among the selected students.
2. Communication Test:
Each one of us had separate formal talk with the IBM guys. They were asking simple questions to check your language proficiency like,
- Tell me about yourself.
- What do you like about Chennai.
- Compare it to your home town.
- Tell me something about your family background.
Duration- 5 Minutes.
Total selected in communication round- 90 out of 130.
3. Technical & HR.
Fortunately, I was sent to a very friendly panel of HR. I entered and greeted him with Good Evening, and he greeted me back. Then he asked me to have a sit. Then the fire round started.
- Ok Roushan, Tell me about yourself.
- In your resume, it's written that, you have worked as freelancer, what kind of work was that?
- So, (impressively) you have a blog too?
- Yes, I said and gave him my blog address (visitroushan.blogspot.com). He checked it out and seemed very interested to know about me. Asked some personal questions, relating my family, their occupation, about college experience.
- What have you done most interesting in this 1 year?
- I had written one research paper and I said everything about it.
He was like, Wowww.
- Is there any expectation from IBM?
- I said, this company has been my dream one, from the time, I know about computers.
When I'll get into my dream, I'll expect it to be friendly, a big source, where I could earn knowledge and all. He said, ok fine.
- Ok, thank you Roushan, that's what I wanted to know from you.
- Thank you.
- I had given my hundred percent and he was convinced with it by hundred percent.
- Interview duration- 15 minutes.
- Number of HR- 1.
Technical questions- None, (But others had got it).
Result Declaration - 60 out of 90 were selected, I was one among them.
They have taken my finger prints and I had 6 pages form filling procedure.
Finally I am on the verge of becoming IBMer. I have got an offer letter from IBM and really excited to be the part of it.
Thank You IBM.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.