Hughes Placement Paper2-2006 (Technical)
Paper: Hughes Placement Paper2-2006 (Technical)
1.If a precondition of a sub routine fails then
a. post condition fails as well
b. Post condition may fail
c. post condition is declared but now defined.
2. what the o/p of the following program
char * a "AabbCc";
void x(char *a)
a 0 ? x(a+1):1;
3. What is DHCP used for?
4. There are 2protocols IP and IPX are running on top of Ethernet. Suppose a packet addressed to that Ethernet card arrives, to which protocol the ethernet sends the packet?
a. It checks the payload of the frame and finds out the protocol type and dispatches it to the right protocol
b. It fins out the protocol type that is mentioned in the Ethernet frame.
c. dispatches to both the protocol
5. What is the use of global static variable in C?
6. In which stage of the compilation the Macro in C are converted into Inline code? (this is not the exact Qn a slight variation of it)
7. In the IP/Ethernet network, a packet with destination address 18.104.22.168 arrives and there is no entry for this address in the routing table of the m/c? what does the m/c do about the packet
a. discards the packet.
b. Broadcasts into the Ethernet.
c. sends to default router
8. in Public key Encryption , if A wants to send a encrypted msg to B then A encrypts the message with
a. A's public key
2. A Pvt key
c. B's public key
d. B's Pvt key
9. consider the SQL statement "Create table New as select * from old table"
a. the sql statement is a correct one
b. New is reserved word there is an error
c. you can't select anything while creating a table
10. By Codd's definition for RDBMS which one is not right?
11. If X and Y are two attributes of a relation and 1 and 2 be any two tuples in that relation Y is functionally dependant on X iff (X-Y)
a. if (x1 x2) then y1y2
b. if (x1y1) then x2 y2
12.The normalization process
1.reduces the data redundancy
2.It reduces the inconsistency that arises due to the data redundancy
13. ((A nand A) nand (B Nand B)) ?
The question was not exactly in this form. gates represented pictorilly
14. what is the purpose of flow control?
1. to control errors
2. to control congestion the receiving end
3. to sequence the out of sequence packets
15. Which is false about Java strings
1. The are Null terminated
2. Set of Chars
3. The Condition checking and on a same pair of strings gives different results.
16. When a java Applet is downloaded what does it do?
17. What is the Cyclometic complexity of the following code?
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.