Hewlett-Packard Interview Experience - Chennai, October 2014.
It was an off-campus interview in which more than 3000 candidates appeared but only 30 managed to get the job offers.
1st is a written test in which there were 3 parts.
1) 8 questions - Quants.
2) 12 qns - English ability.
3) 35 qns - C, C++, DBMS (mostly from C,C++).
Candidates who cleared this round were called for next round (next day).
2nd round is technical face to face.
*This is the most toughest round of all.
HR asked about me, where I came from and other formality questions. Then started testing my technical abilities.
1) Can you tell me what's the use of EULER's theorem ?
* I somewhat managed telling him it's used to prove sinx dx=-cosx dx.
2) What are objects ?
* It's a key to access classes and for example object is like a fish which has a n number of types behind it.
3) What's your fav feature of OOPS ?
* Polymorphism sir !
4) May I know the reason why ?
*With polymorphism we can express various features of one class so we can reduce the length of program
5) Who's your fav actor ?
*Ajith sir !
6) But I like Rajini ., Can you write a program on Rajini using polymorphism to define his acting skills ?
*Started writing a program on my own !
Then he asked me write a program on constructor,
Then asked me to wait for 3rd round.
3rd round is HR round :
1) Introduce yourself.
2) How does college life differ from school life ?
3) Why did you chose ECE ?
4) What is the latest development in your field ?
5) Will you relocate ?
Then he asked me to fill employment form and to wait for final round !
4th -Manager HR round :
It's a formality one.
1) He asked me to introduce myself.
2) Why HP want to hire you ?
3) Its 3 o'clock ., don't you feel hungry ?
*No sir ., I'm in a happy mode and I have no other feelings except it.
4) OK then I don't want to prolong your wait ., congrats ! now your the part of HP and you can update your status as "hired by HP"
*Thank you very much sir :).
It was a toughest interview I have ever attended but a worthy one to get selected.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.