HP Interview Placement Paper (II)
HP Interview Placement Paper : (II)
Make a note that Technical round is the main one.I think there wont be any elimination at HR level unless luck unfavours us.Added Experience is Definite Added Advantage. In general section they r asking questions like Who is CEO ,founder of HP,Microsoft,Oracle.. some questions u will get from following list IT Gurus
1) Tim Berners Lee -- Founder of the World Wide Web
2) Bjarne Stroustrup, C++ Stroustrup called his new language 'C with Classes and then 'new C'.Because of which the original C began to be called 'old C' which was considered insulting to the C community. At this time Rick Mascitti suggested the name C++ as a successor to C.
3) Michael Dell of Dell Computers
4) Larry Ellison of Oracle Larry Ellison and Bob Oats were working on a consulting project for the CIA (Central Intelligence Agency). The code name for the project was called Oracle (the CIA saw this as the system to give answers to all questions or something such). The project was designed to help use the newly written SQL code by IBM. The project eventually was terminated but Larry and Bob decided to finish what they started and bring it to the world. They kept the name Oracle and created the RDBMS engine. Later they kept the same name for the company.
5) James Gosling,and his project is now known as Java Originally called Oak by creator James Gosling, from the tree that stood outside his window, the programming team had to look for a substitute as there was no other language with the same name. Java was selected from a list of suggestions. It came from the name of the coffee that the programmers drank.
6) Bill Hewlett(L) and Dave Packard(R) of HP. Behind them in the picture is the famous HP Garage. Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard tossed a coin to decide whether the company they founded would be called Hewlett-Packard or Packard-Hewlett.
7) Ken Thompson (L)and Dennis Ritchie(R) ,creators of UNIX, B and C Dennis Ritchie improved on the B programming language and called it 'New B'.He later called it C. B was created by Ken Thompson as a revision of the Bon programming language (named after his wife Bonnie)
8) Larry Page(L) and Sergey Brin(R), founders of Google. Google was originally named 'Googol'. After founders (Stanford graduates) Sergey Brin and Larry Page presented their project to an angel investor, they received a cheque made out to 'Google' !
9) Gordon Moore(L) and Bob Noyce(R) ,founders of Intel Bob Noyce and Gordon Moore wanted to name their new company 'Moore Noyce' but that was already trademarked by a hotel chain, so they had to settle for an acronym of INTegrated ELectronics.
10) Andreas Bechtolsheim , Bill Joy, Scott Mc Nealy and Vinod Khosla of SUN(StanfordUniversity Network) MicroSystems Founded by four StanfordUniversity buddies, SUN is the acronym for Stanford University Network. Andreas Bechtolsheim built a microcomputer; Vinod Khosla recruited him and Scott McNealy to manufacture computers based on it, and Bill Joy to develop a UNIX-based OS for the computer.
11) Linus Torvalds of Linux Operating System Linus Torvalds originally used the Minix OS on his system which he replaced by his OS. Hence the working name was Linux (Linus' Minix). He thought the name to be too egotistical and planned to name it Freax (free + freak + x). His friend Ari Lemmk encouraged Linus to upload it to a network so it could be easily downloaded. Ari gave Linus a directory called linux on his FTP server, as he did not like the name Freax. (Linus' parents named him after two-time Nobel Prize winner Linus Pauling)
12) Steve Woznaik(sitting) and Steve Jobs of APPLE Computers Favorite fruit of founder Steve Jobs. He was three months late in filing a name for the business, and he threatened to call his company Apple Computers if the other colleagues didn't suggest a better name by 5 o'clock.
There are four sections in the test
All the questions are mandatory. No negative marking
1.Intel's first processor is
1)------2)4004 3) 80804)8086
2) Founder of Microsoft corporation
1) Bill Gates 2) Billgates and --------
3)Bill gates and Paul Allen4) Billgates and -------
1)Internet Explorer 2) Alt Vista3) Netscape Navigator 4)Opera
4)Which of the following is not a database
5)Laura C--- (I don't remember exact spelling ) is CEO of
1)Oracle 2)DELL 3) Hp4)Intel
Ans) She is CEO of HP
6)'SUN' Microsystems SUN stands for
1)Simple Unified Network2)Solaris Unified Network3)-------------
4) None of the above.
1) IRC stands for ans) Internet Relay chat
2)ICQ stands for ans)--------------------
3)The protocol used to translate Internet address to Network addressis
4)In some OS the option that the system provides to communicate with other process is
1)IPC(Inter Process Communication)2)----3)-----4)-----
5)VPN stands for ans) Virtual private network.
6)The time taken to transfer data from one place to other place or process within specified time is
1)Throughput2)Latency time 3)Response time 4)----------
7)The time complexity for which of the following is O(n log n)
1) Radix sort 2)Quick sort3)Shell sort 4) Bubblesort.
8)Which of the following is used pass the packets between networks
1)Which of the following can be used to print % to the screen
1) printf("\%");2)printf("\%"); 3)----- 4)------
2)how many times the loop is executed
1) 3 2)Infinite 3)0 4)2
3) what is the output
printf("%d %d %d ",i,++i,i++);
1) 10 11 11 2)11 11 10 3) 10 11 10 4) None of the above
printf("%d %d %d",x,y,z);
1)----------- 2)------- 3)--------- 4)---------
3)you cannot Overload new operator for a class
6) Void xyz(char a)
1)10 2)can't say 3) 2 4)same as size of pointer.
7) Local Variables is stored in which part of the memory
1) register or heap 2)heap 3)register or stack 4)-----
8) which of the following can be shared by progams
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.