HoneyWell Technologies Placement Test Question Paper 2008
HoneyWell Technologies Placement Test Question Paper 2008
Honeywell placement Test has No negative marking and 3 sections -technical aptitude 35 questions in 30 mins-DCT questions, DBMS data structures,interrupts in 8085 etc..aptitude -30 questions in 30 mins ,C aptitude -20 questions in 15 mins- quite easy some questions
1. key constraints are .....for...
(a) secondary key
(b) primary key
(c) foreign key
2. If a sinusoidal signal of 1100Hz is flat top sampled at a rate of 1800Hz,& this signal is passed through an ideal LPF with cutoff 1KHZ,the o/p contains the following frequency components: (This question was repeated again in the same paper !!!)
3. TRAP is _____interrupt
4. When the instruction RST is executed, the control jumps to location:
(d)none of the above
5. A memory cell in static Random Access Memory is made up of:
(a)6 mos transistors---ans
(b)1 mos transistor and 1 capacitor
(c)4 mos transistors and 2 capacitors
6. Worst case algorithm is meant for the case
(a)when sometimes favourable
(b)when worst unfavourable
7. A semaphore with negative count n(s=n) has how many processes in the Q?
8. If in a PCM system the no of bits used is increased from n to n+1,the signal-to-noise ratio improves by
9. 2 trains of length 110m & 90 m travelling at 45kmph & 50 kmph respectively..when will they pass each other?
10. From a circular sheet of radius 10cm , 40% is cut off & from the remaining portion a cone is constructed, what is the ratio of the radius of the cone to its height?
11. If a vessel contains 56 litres of a mixture of milk & water in the ratio 3:2..what amount of water should be added to make the ratio 4:5?
12. 2 pipes fill a cistern in 12 mins,pipe A is 3 times faster than pipe b...if only pipe B has to fill the cistern ,how long will it take?
13. #define ADD(X,Y) X+Y
Runtime error(linker error): _add undefined in module
14. Which of the following is illegal
(d)all are legal
15. #define int INTEGER/*line1*/
#define INTEGER int/*line 2*/
INTEGER p=10;/*line 5*/
(a) compiler error at line 1
(b) compiler error at line 2
(c) compiler error at line 5
(d) No error,prints 10
in the above program
(a)error b'coz for should have parameters
(b)error bcoz 2 semicolons in a for loop are invalid
(c)no error,loop is executed once
(d) no error ,loop is executed 10 times
(c)prints ILLO (i.e.'H' is incremented by 1)
18. The average temperature for monday,wednesday,thursday was 46 o C.the average temperature fortuesday,wednesday,thursday,friday was 48(some no)..if temp on monday was 42 o C,what is the temperature on tuesday?
19. The average marks of 12 students was found to be......(some no)...it was later found that while entering the data , it had been entered as 74 instead of 50...and 20 instead of 24(nos are not the same)...what is the correct average?
20. If a lady bought a house & sold it at 25% more than what she had paid after 3 years, she has to pay 50%tax on the gain...If C is the cost price,(gain=s.P-c.p),what tax did she have to pay?
21. Some no of men(given)..complete a work in (given) no of days...after (some no) of days ..some more(given no) men join them,they will finish the work in how many days?
22. If a car travels from A to B at a speed of 'x' kmph & travels back from B to A at 4/5th the speed,then the total distance travelled in terms of percentage of x is?
23. A question on malloc
if malloc returned the address 1000;the value of p+1 is
24. cascade amplifier is:
(a)a common emitter stage followed by a common base stage
(b)a common base followed by emitter follower
(d)a common base stage followed by a common emitter stage
25. A network has 7 nodes & 5 independent loops,the no of branches=?
26. Many nodes transmit at the same time .....collision occurs...retransmit.....what is this called?
27. If the characteristic impedance of a transmission line is 50ohms,at 1 end the impedance is +j50 ohms,the VSWR =?
28. Minimum no of NAND gates required to realize the boolean eqn: Z=ABC?
29. It has been found that mercury poisoning due to industrial pollution causes Hobson's disease. An island R is completely away from modern industry.People here follow subsistence agriculture method. A high % of people in Island R are affected by Hobsons disease.From the above paragraph, we can deduce
(i) there must be another reason for Hobson's disease other than mercury posoning
(ii) mercury poisoning can be due to other reasons than industrial pollution
(a) i only
(c) i ,ii, iii
(d) i and ii
}...(some program similar to this one). the program will be executed infinetely--ans
31. Which of these are legal?
i.a pointer to a function
ii.a pointer to a structure
ii.pointer to union
(b)i and ii
(a)error as struct within union is not allowed
(b)error as struct members have same name as union members
33. How many stacks are there in DOS?
34. What is the o/p?
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.