HEXAWARE SAMPLE PLACEMENT PAPER ON 9th SEPTEMBER 2006 (English , Maths)
Paper Type : Whole Testpaper
Test Date : 9 September 2006
Test Location : Chennai
(Dir1-5) Find out antonyms:
A) understood B meticulous C careless D rude E witty Ans c
A calm B silent C intelligent D spoken E rude Ans D
A dull B freaky c delicious D spicy E gloomy Ans A
A taunting B appreciate C scold E faint E shrilly Ans B
A silky B hairy C decent D freaky E noisy Ans C
(Dir 6-15 ) Find out synonyms
10) Impervious Ans
(Dir 13-17) Fill In The Blank
The 13.. nature of internet and in the its increasing 14 of users because of its underlying 15..has made enhancements in
its16.. and compatible for17
1)A rhombus has area 432 sq m, one diagonal is 36 cm. find other diagonal ? Ans 24 cm
2) An equilateral triangle has perimeter a cm . find its area . Ans a2/12v3
3) Average of seven nos is 25. avg of first three of them is 35 while last three of them is 20. find 4th no. Ans 10
4) Find avg of all nos. which lies b/w 1 and 100 & r divisible by 7. Ans. 52.5
5) Avg of three nos is 33. first one is as much more than avg as third one is less than avg. Ans 33
6) Find sum of series: 1+ 0.1+0.001+0.0001+. Ans: 10/9
7) If price of t.v set is reduced by 20%, then its sale increases by 80%, find net effect on sale value Ans 44%more
8) How much a decimal of 1/3600? Ans 0.00027
9) F(x): sq root of x ,g(x) : cube root of x, then find value: f(f(x)+g(x)) Ans 1.0
10) Find loal max & min of 2 + f(2x2+ 3X +1) ?
11) Find the point which is nearest to (1,2,3)
12) Find 123 det 456
13) Integration of which is maximum for ?f(x),lim(0,1) ? a) 2x b) 2x2 c) 2x3 d)2 const fn Ans d
14) Find vector perpendicular to 2i +5j +4k Ans 2i-12j+7k
15) Speed of boat in still water is 9km/h . if boat moves upstream A to B in 2 hrs. & B to A in 1 hrs. Then find distance b/w A&B Ans 12
16) What no should be subtracted from 92555 to make it a perfect square ? Ans: 39
17) The probability of a student possessing a ball point pen in exam is 3/5 & possessing an ink pen is 2/3. find his probability of possessing at least one of them . Ans 13/15.
18) In an interview , the probability of appointing Husband is 1/5 while that of wife is ¼.find probability that only one of them get selected in interview. Ans :1/4
19) Find the probability that a five digit no formed by 1,2,3,4,5 ( not repeated) are divisible by 4. Ans : 3/20.
20) Find the probability in a group of 10 students sitting in a row , two of them always sit next to each other. Ans: (1/9) (not sure , u try urself)
21) A clock hand overtakes hour hand in 65 min the in how much time it will cover 65 time **** Ans none of all( refer to r.s . agg)
22) If no of employees are reduced by ratio x:y & their wages are increased by ratio p:q. then find the ratio to which their wages bill decreases Ans: xp: yq
23) Three sides of a triangle are given 15,11,7, find cosine of angles ? Ans : apply formula cosA= b2+c2-a2/2*c*b, cos B= a2+b2 "c2/2*a*b;
24) If a tap could fill entire tank in 18 hrs due to leakage, then in how much time tank can be emptied by leakage if tap can fill entire tank in 12 hrs without leakage?
25) Three liquids were mixed in 5:4:1 ratios. If cost per kg for ach of them is 4.50, 3.75& 5.10. Then in what price mixture should be sold to get 25% profit?
26) Two commodities have cost per kg is 4.75Rs & 3.20Rswere mixed in a certain ratio so as to make cost price of mixture as 17.75 Rs. Find the ratio Ans 4:1.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.