HAL PAPER - 15 FEB 2009 - BHUBANESWAR
This is a paper for Metallurgy & Material Science Engg conducted by the HAL Engine Division at Koraput on the 15th of Feb 2009 held at Bhubaneswar.
It was a paper for 1.5 hrs duration and consisted of 100 questions. The questions were relatively simple though I did not crack it... Here they concentrated more on Physical Metallurgy, NDT Methods and Mechanical Metallurgy. There were a few qns on XRay Metallography too...
Here are a few questions as far as my memory goes..
1. The faster the ncooling the interdendritic spacing will be > less,>more,>same.
2. Definitions of Toughness, Resilience, Hardness, Youngs' Modulus.
3. The material that is the lowest on the Mohs' scale is _______
4. The composition of Constantan is _______
5. The effect not observed in a Thermocouple is Raman Effect.
6. Permalloys are used in making ______ kind of magnetic materials.
7. Which property of the pigment is used in NDT Methods
8. Mond's process is used in the extraction of ______.
9. The gas blown during the LD Process of Steel Making is ______.
10. Intricate parts are manufactured by a> Casting b> Welding c> Forging d> Rolling
11. In case carburising the depth of penetration is proportional to sqrt(t).
Well this is how much I can remember... dont waste your time on learning Extractive Metallurgy and other things... concentrate on Physical Metallurgy by Avner and Mechanical Metallurgy by Dieter...
Author : Karthik Devalapally S
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.