HAL PAPER - 26 NOV 2006 - BANGALORE
In the area of Computer Science & Engineering, there were 100 questions from the subject, 40 from Apptitude (technical), 20 from English.
The questions were from Networks, and Commmunication, Discrete Mathematics, C language, etc.
In English Passages were given. you have to read the passage and answer the questions. One sentence will be given and splitted. you have to find out the incorrect word in the sentence..
You should have thorough knowledge in the subject. most of the questions were askecd from networks and communications...
As my discipline is Electrical I will put forward some of the questions that i remember. Out of 160 questions there were 20 Mathematical questions, 10 Vocabulary, 5 paragraph questions, 10 fill in the blanks, 20 Aptitude and rest was subject related.
1. partial differntiation of x^3*y^3/(x+y)^3
2. some points like (0,2,4), (2,5,-1) and (6,2,0) were given and were asked to find whether it is parabola, ecllipse, carboid or cycloid.
3. there were so mant conversion questions like binary to decimal, decimal to binary, decimal to oct, binary mulitiplicationsetc.
4. some laplace formulae related to sine and cosine terms.
5. fouries series of quarter symmetry
6. by appling rouths hurwits criterien we were suppose to find the nuber of roots the equation was something like 2s^4+s^3+4s^2+s i think so
7. damping is proportional to gain, sqrtof gain, 1/gain or 1/sqrt of gain
8. vocabulary like germs:diesease::, emulate:mimic::,
9. there questions about power plants like which plant correspondes to highest capital cost, highest running cost,lowest operational cost, efficiency of thermal plant etc
10. what is the present capacity of unit generation 200MW, 210 MW, 375MW or 500 MW
11. where in nuclear power plant is located like kota, talcher, kolghat,
12. there was 1 question realed to idduki, ramagundam power plants i dont know whether it is the odd 1 out of the hydro plants
13. there was 1 repeated questions related to the spacing b/w the phase conductors like 11m, 8m, 20m, 24m.
14. is megger related to hot wire instrument, moving coil or moving iron.
15. 1 question related to load factor.
16. in a two w/m method what is the condition for which both the w/ms are equal and opposite.
17. question based on inverter gate
18. question related to maximum overshoot.
19. 2 or 3 questions were related to step input, impulse i/p etc.
20. 1 question related to boolean algebra
21. some question related to find the value of lambda to get no solution.
22. 1 question was related to find from the options of nquist criteria, bode plot, routh hurwits,
23. question related to expontial rise and fall of inductor.
24. given 2 poles and 50 hz freq to find the syn speed.
25. question based on inertia constant and p.u. values
26. quetion baed on power transfer capacity and voltage
27. SIL of 400 KV lines
28. 2 quetions based on maximum power transfer capacity from circuit theory.
29. apttitude ques of pipes and cisterns, compound interest, time and distance, cubes, hcf and lcm, multiplication,
30. for how many days there will food if 2 persons are supposed to leave. question related to this were asked.
31. questions related to angles i dont remember the quetions i remember only the options like pi/3, pi/6,pi/4. 1, -1, 1/2 1/sqrt2. etc
32. ouestion based on P&V, P&Q, V&delta.
33. how many HVDC links are presently in use in india.
34. there were 4 questions like if A*B represents Ais the son of B, C/D represents Cis the husband of D then how A and D are related.
35. to sort the odd number out from a box of given numbers.
36. Vrms and Vo of full wave rectifier
37. reflection coefficent of current of an open ended line.
There were still more questions but i couldnt remember all of them. the questions were taken mostly from Electrical handbook, GATE papers and some from UPSC to my knowledge. almost all qusetions were simple basics.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.