GRAPECITY PATTERN & INTERVIEW - JUL 2006
1. The first round is an aptitude paper 30 questions in 30 minutes: The paper is one of its kind that i have ever seen. It consists of everything. The questions are divided into 4 classes namely A, B, C and D.
The D level questions are the simplest and will fetch u only one mark while the A level questions are very lengthy and conceptual, however will fetch u the maximum number of marks i.e four. The D level questions are very very simple, as simple as look and answer.
For example: 4 pictures are given and looking at them u have to answer which once is different from the rest of the 3. Another simple question of this type is the one in which there is a pool of figures such as pentagon, hexagon, rectangle and square and below this pool value of each figure is written. U have to calculate the value of the pool by counting the no of figures and replacing them with there values.
The C level questions are from R.S Agg, simple questions based on percentage, profit lose, time and work and number problems basically there to check ur ability to deal with quantitative problems. I suggest u to go through the solved examples of R.S Agg and practice some questions based on the same.
The A and B level questions are based on Logical Reasoning where the Level B questions are simpler than the level A questions. I could hardly solve any A level question. You need to solve atleast 15 questions to seek ur chances of getting to the next round.
2. The second round is an HR interview: Its a general HR interview in which u could be asked simple HR questions based on ur resume, some situational based questions like design a mobile phone for deaf and dumb, some basic technical questions. You cannot get eliminated from this round unless u can't speak english.
3. Third round is another HR/ Basic Technical Round: You would be
interview by a Japanese HR, they would judge ur basic technical skills, discuss ur projects. I felt if this round was just to make sure that ur profile matches the profile that u have been called for.
4. Fourth Round/ Core Technical round: This was a core technical round
which revolved around all the technical stuff that u could possibly dream of. U could be asked to design a module and then implement it on the computer. Mind u they not only check ur basics but penetrate to the insights of the topics aswell. They may also ask u puzzles to check how logically strong u are.
5. Fifth Round/ Technical + HR: The last round here is the technical cum HR round. Here in the HR was an old japanese person who finally asks u any thing and everything of technical and HR, they won't be satisfied if u can make the program but they would be satisfied if u can make an optimized program. U don't have to be the master of the trade but one with very very good logical skills. They want you to do things quick and smart and that too in a compact manner. A simple program of ( if else ) in C can also be written through ( ? : ), use the latter option because it makes the size of the program small and thats what they love.
Once u are through all the rounds u would be offered a package which can smartly be negotiated.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.