ESSAR PAPER - 03 AUG 2006 - CHENNAI
The Company procedure is Written Test (Aptitude Test & Technical Test), Group Discussion, Technical Interview and HR Interview. I want to share my experience with you all.
The Aptitude test consists of 3 sections - Verbal reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning comprising of 120 questions in 40 questions from each section.
Some of the Aptitude questions are:
1. SQRT (156.25) * SQRT (14.25) = 35 * X what is the value of X? X = 1.25
2. A + 8450 ÷ 650 = 13 + A. What is the value of A? A = 0
3. The sum of a number whose ? th is 45. What is the number? Ans: None
4. The sum of a 2 digit number is equal to the difference between them. Find how many such numbers are possible? Ans: 10
5. The sum of a 2 digit number is equal to twice the difference between them. Find how many such numbers are possible?
6. 1000.01 - 100.01 - 10.01 = X. what is X? X = 889.99
7. 0.25% of 10 - 10% of 0.25 = 25% of 100 - 100% of X. What is X? X = 25
8. One - fifth of two - third of a number is equal to 24. What is the number?
9. 100$8 - 2$39 = $319. What is $? $ = None of these
10. Ajith and Ajay's age are in the ratio of 3:5. Two years hence, their age are in the ratio 7:11. What is Ajith's present age? Ajith's age = 12.
11. The length of a train is 200m and it crosses a platform of 75m in 15sec. Another train with a length of 180m which is on the opposite direction approaches it. How long it will take to cross the other?
12. (X) - Square, % - Square root, # - Divide, * - Multiply, @ - addition and & - Subtraction. Find the value of (4)#4%4*4@4
13. Solve 30 - 0.05 *20 +10÷ 5 =?
14. A circle of diameter 28 cm. If there is a rectangle of length 56 cm. What is the value of breadth whose areas are equal? Breadth = 44cm
15. A wheel rotates 18 revolutions in 4.5 sec. What are the revolutions of the wheel per minute? Revolutions = 240
16. Solve: 20% of 60%of a number is equal to 40% of 200. What is the number?
17. 252 x 253 =? 252 + 3
18. Series: 5 5 7.5 15 37.5 112.5 339.75 X
19. Trisha's monthly salary is 25% more than Krishna's salary but 25% less than Payal's salary. Krishna's annual income is Rs. 1, 20, 000. What is the monthly income of Payal?
20. There is a seven consecutive odd numbers. What is the number greater than 6 and it is smaller than 6?
1. Work done is Zero for which process? Ans: Constant Volume
2. Which cycle has high efficiency? Ans: Otto Cycle
3. The power of 2 -stroke engine varies from 4 - stroke engine by______. Ans: Twice
4. Sudden reduction in barometer leads to ______. Ans: Storm
5. Composition of Stainless steel ____. Ans: Chromium, Nickel …
6. Gears are produced in mass production by ______. Ans: Hobbing
7. Pick out the wrong statements:
a) The good fuel should have high calorific value
b) Ease in storing
c) High ignition point
d) Low smoke and gases Ans: (C)
8. Composition of Gun metal _____. Ans:
9. Gears are commonly called with _______ Ans: Pitch Circle Diameter
10. A good fuel should have ________ ignition point. Ans: Low
11. If heat supplied into the system is 30000 J/S and the power output is 9KW. What is the efficiency of system? Ans:
12. A square rod of 2cm x 2cm of which a force of 8800Kg is acting on it. What is the stress developed in it? Ans: 2200 Kg/cm2
13. GNATT chart shows___________
14. Which is the high efficiency freezing agent? Ans: Freon 22
15. Property of the freezing agent is: Ans: Low boiling point and high melting point
16. A diesel engine, that is, slow speed engine follows which cycle? Ans: Diesel Cycle
17. Hardness is the property of _________. Ans:
18. A Rotary compressor depends on ___________.
19. The potential energy raised upwards ___________ the kinetic energy downwards. Ans: is equal to
20. Centipoise is the unit of ________. Ans: Dynamic Viscosity
21. For a thermodynamic system, the COP is 5 and the heat supplied to the system is 1 KW. What is the work done?
The Technical Aptitude questions are given to the students who cleared Aptitude test and it contains 50 questions.
After the Technical Aptitude is over, GD was conducted and the students who are short listed are allowed for Technical Interview and HR Interview.
By, M. Gopinath
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.