DELOITTE PAPER - 15 MAY 2008
1. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?
1) Cricket 2) Football 3) Polo 4) Carrom 5) Hockey
2. In the word CONTRACTUAL, the positions of the first and the eleventh letters are interchanged. Similarly, the positions of the second and the tenth letters are interchanged, and so on, up to the positions of fifth and seventh letters are interchanged, keeping the position of sixth letter unchanged. Which letter will be the third to the right of the sixth letter from the left end?
1) U 2) N 3) T 4) A 5) None of these
3. In a certain code, LATE is written as $%#@ and WIDE is written as *?▲@. How is DIAL written in that code?
1) ▲@#$ 2) ▲@%$ 3) ▲?%$ 4) ▲?%# 5) None of these
4. What will come in place of the question mark (?) in the following series based on their positions in the English alphabet?
DGH JMN ? VYZ
1) PRS 2) QST 3) OQR 4) ORS 5) None of these
5. If in the following set of numbers, the first and the third digits are interchanged in each number, which number will be second if arranged in ascending order after interchanging the digits?
583 645 396 287 469
1) 583 2) 645 3) 396 4) 287 5) 469
Directions (Q.6-10): In each of the following questions two rows of numbers are given. The resultant of each row is to be worked out separately based on the following rules, and the question below the row of numbers is to be answered. The operations of numbers in each row progress from left to right.
(i) If an odd number is followed by another odd number, they are to be multiplied.
(ii) If an even number is followed by another even number, the first number is to be divided by the second even number.
(iii) If an even number is followed by the perfect square of an odd number, the first number is to be subtracted from the second number.
(iv) If an odd number is followed by an even number the two are to be added.
(v) If an even number is followed by an odd number which is not a perfect square, the square of the odd number is to be added to the even number.
11. 96 16 81 = x
11 15 18 = y
What is the value of y-2x?
1) 108 2) 33 3) 105 4) 36 5) None of these
12. 28 49 13 = x
37 12 22 = y
What will be the sum of the resultant of the two rows?
1) 108 2) 244 3) 102 4) 344 5) None of these
13. 18 5 17 = x
64 8 11 = y
What will be the value of x + y?
1) 189 2) 129 3) 69 4) 169 5) None of these
14. 9 15 50 = x
12 25 24 = y
What will be the value of x/y?
1) 18 2) 8 3) 5 4) 6 5) None of these
15. 56 14 9
36 12 7
What will be the difference between the resultants of the two rows?
1) 14 2) 21 3) 5 4) 26 5) None of these
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.