CTS PAPER - 2000 - TRICHY
The written tests are based on critical reasoning type questions. Word -based problems, verbal ability, pattern recognition and pattern matching, series type, arithematic-based (including functions and permutations) are usually asked.
We are not providing you with all the questions - just some questions to give you a general idea of the test pattern.
Find the sequence: (d is always NONE)
1. BC CE EG GK ?
a) KN b) KU c) KM d)
2. AA AB BC CE?
a) EG b) EH c) EI d)
3. AB EF JK QR ?
a)YZ b) ZA c) AB d)
4. ACD EGL IKT MOB?
a) QST b) QSZ c) QSY d)
5. AC CG GO OE?
a) EJ b) EI c) EL d)
6. AE BH CM DU?
a) EH b) EZ c) EB d)
7. AD DP PL LV
a) VS b) VK c) VI d)
8. SE QU EN TI?
a) CN b) BM c) AI or AZ d)
FIND THE VALUES FOR FOLLOWING PROBLEM:
F(X)= 2X-1 + f(X-1) if X NOT EQUAL TO ZERO
9. f(5) VALUE
a)15 b)24 c)22 d)NONE
11. f(16)- f(15)
13. f(f(x))=81 THEN VALUE OF X=3.
14. f(X)=4f(X-1) THEN VALUE OF X=
15. f(X)= f(X-1)+f(X-2) FOR X>1 THEN X=
16. f(X)-f(X-1)=f(X-8) FOR X>5 THEN X=
In the following questions we r giving 'a word' which may not have any meaning.
Find different possible words or palindromes for the word as per queue.
I. For the following find no of distinct words that can be formed.
A).420 B) 1540 C) 840 D)NONE
II Find NO OF POSSIBLE Palindromes for following
25 to 32 are figures. Uhave to analyse them. They will give five figs. One is not correct
It having complete of figs.(26 -32)
For following first find out the anagram and then note the corresponding meaning.
33. TABLET (anagram means first u arrange the letters in correct order like
For all above choices are.
A) resentment B)Fight c)Help d) Monster
37. ENFOLD - folden - cuddle
38. LAMB - balm - ointment
39. RECEDE. - decree - proclaimination
40. PLEASE. - sleeping.
For above 4 choices are same
A) cuddle B) sleeping c) proclamination d) ointment.
1. A says "the horse is not black".
B says " the horse is either brown or grey."
C says " the hoese is brown"
At least one is telling truth and atleast one is lying. tell the colour of horse?
Answer : grey
2. A son and father goes for boating in river upstream . After rowing for 1 mile son notices the hat of his fathe falling in the river.After 5 min. he tells his father that his hat has fallen. So they turn round and are able to pick the hat at the point from where they began boating after 5min.
Tell the speed of river?
3. A+B+C+D=D+E+F+G=G+H+I=17 where each letter represent a number from 1 to 9. Find out what does letter D and G represent if letter A=4. (8 marks)
Ans. D=5 G=1
4.Argentina had football team of 22 player of which captain is from Brazilian team and goalki from European team. For remainig palayer they have picked 6 from argentinan and 14 from european. Now for a team of 11 they must have goalki and captain so out of 9 now they plan to select 3 from rgentinian and 6 from European. Find out no. of methods
avilable for it. (2 marks)
Ans : 160600( check out for right no. 6C3 * 14C6)
5. Three thives were caught stealing sheep, mule and camel.
A says " B had stolen sheep "
C says " B had stolen mule"
B says he had stolen nothing.
The one who had stolen horse is speaking truth. the one who had stolen camel is lying . Tell who had stolen what? (5 marks)
Ans. A- camel ;B- mule ;C- horse
6.A group of friends goes for dinner and gets bill of Rs 2400 . Two of them says that they have forgotten their purse so remaining make an extra contribution of Rs 100 to pay up the bill. Tell the no. of person in that group. (3 marks)
Ans - 8 person
7. In acolony there are some families. Each of them have children but different in numbers.Following are conditions:
A) No of adult no of sons no of daughters no of families.
B) Each sister must have atleast one brother and should have at the most 1 sister.
C) No of children in one family exceeds the sum of no of children in the rest families.
Tell the no of families.(5 marks)
Ans : 3 families
8. There are 6 people W,H,M,C,G,F who are murderer , victim , judge , police, witness, hangman. There was no eye witness only circumtancial witness. The murderer was sentenced to death.
Read following statement and determine who is who.
1. M knew both murderer and victim.
2. Judge asked C to discribe murder incident.
3. W was last to see F alive.
4. Police found G at the murder site.
5 H and W never met.
( 8 marks)
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.