Cognizant Technology Services Interview Experience - NIET Greater Noida, 10/02/2019
First of all, I would like to start with telling that I had given TCS and Wipro National Talent Exam for 2019 Batch, Infosys pool campus 2019 Batch but was not able to clear any of those tests dues to my weak aptitude and verbal skills because I was too easy to take any paper seriously. Then came pool campus recruitment drive for Cognizant.
On 4-5 Feb 2019, they conducted Online Test.
First Round: - Aptitude Test.
AMCAT conducts the test of Cognizant. The test pattern comprises of:
1. Quant - 16 questions 16 minutes.
2. Logical - 14 questions 14 minutes.
3. English/Verbal- 25 questions 18 minutes.
4. Automata - 7 questions 20 minutes.
I was able to score well in the first 3 sections and about 3 correct automata coding errors and 1 full code out of 7 questions.
At this time I was confident with my Quant, logical, verbal skills.
On 6th Feb 2019 late evening, the result came in which 650 students cleared that round in which my name was there and was delighted by seeing my name in that because it was for the first time. They send me a mail regarding the interview that would happen on 10th Feb 2019.
On 10th Feb 2019 Interview was scheduled in NIET, Greater Noida.
This was the very first interview for my corporate life. I was nervous and there were students that were already placed in at least 1 company but my confidence was high as I had done work that I can explain. There was a technical interview and then after that, if you get selected you are sent to give HR interview
My Technical Interviewer asked me :
1. Tell me about yourself.(told).
2. You have done projects in IT/CS side rather than your stream(my stream is ECE) Why So? (told).
3. Explain the project?(told).
4. So tell me what programming language are you comfortable in as I had Machine Learning project and I had mentioned python on my Resume.(told).
5. What is a pointer? (told).
6. What are data structures? (told).
7. What is Polymorphism? (Didn't tell the answer but he was OK with it).
8. What is Inheritance? (told).
9. What is Database and DBMS? (told).
After all these questions he asked me that your Interview is over and asked me If I have a question for him.
My Question was :
Q. Sir, What do I have to improve in myself before joining any organization?
A. No, you have all the skillset required for this job and if there is any lack of it then you would be trained in our company.
His answer would tell you whether you are qualified for the next round or not.
After 10 minutes a person came and called my name and told me to go for HR interview. I was very happy that I had Cleared Technical part which is important in every interview.
My HR interviewer asked me:
1. Tell me about yourself. (told)
2. Why did opt for ECE when you have done projects in CS/IT?(explain)
3. Tell me the offices of CTS in India? (told)
4. As I am from Delhi he asked me why would you like to Join CTS when there are numerous companies in Noida and Gurugram.(explained)
5. He asked me If I am ready to relocate. (told)
6. At the last, he asked me to sign a paper which he said is related to relocation and flexible timings.
And my HR interview was over.
On 14th Feb 2019, a mail came from TPO of NIET regarding result of Interview and there my name was there on the list as
186 were selected out of 650 students. Waiting for my Offer Letter.
I had read many Interview Experiences on Indiabix and was determined that in time bound condition I will write my first selection in a Company on Indiabix. For all unplaced students, I would say don't lose hope as I had not given up and achieved the very short goal I aspired for. Practice from Indiabix and RS Aggarwal. ALL THE BEST.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.