Cognizant Interview Experience - Bhopal, 7 October
First of all, you will have your have your written exam which will be of average level. You will have 16 question from aptitude part out of which 12 question should be correct to clear sectional cut off.
1) Question from aptitude part will be basic like from profit and loss, time&work (go through youtube for study IQ lecture), number system, HCF, LCM, average, probability, permutation and combination and basic maths question. (just go through the solved example of R.S AGGARWAL and practice question from made easy book for aptitude. You can also visit youtube for lecture by Studying and Dinesh Miglani tutorials on these topics.
2) You will have 14 question from reasoning section out of which 10 question should be correct to clear cutoff.
Question from reasoning will be surely from topics like,
* Blood relation(practice this part from IndiaBix).
* Direction sensing(just practice from made easy book for aptitude that will be enough).
* Coding and Decoding(like prsrt =uytrs, then what will be jhdgr, 12345 = 54324 then what will be 87695).
* Syllogism question.
* Statement and assumption, that will be enough to clear your cutoff.
3) You will have 25 question from verbal ability out of which 15 should be correct to clear cutoff, question will from topics like,
* Sentence correction (4-5).
* Fill in the blanks (4-5).
* Two question from readings comprehension, sure (just depend on luck whether you get big or small, for big passage just go through question and try to find the answer from passage without reading the whole).
* One word substitution.
* Antonyms and Synonyms sure (3-4 question).
* Sentence formation.
* Spotting error.
These topics will be enough to clear cutoff, especially those who are weak in English just practice as many questions as possible because many got rejected in this part only.
One more thing that Cognizant written exam is conducted by Aspiring Minds which sets one of the simple papers in India for campuses.
Now interview part:-
Interview consist of two part:
1. Technical interview.
2. HR interview.
* In Technical interview generally goes around 20-30 minutes (depends), in this, they will ask you to introduce yourself just to relax the environment. After they will ask question on programming and basic computer engineering for Non-CS , IT branch, just memorize these programs.
1. Even odd.
2. Prime no.
4. Fibonacci series.
6. Reversing of no. (65 into 56).
7. Swapping of no.
8. Armstrong no.
9. Star triangle.
Just have basic knowledge of Operating System, DBMS (RDBMS, various keys), computer networks (specially OSI model and it's 7 layers function, protocols, IP address, Mac ID, router, etc), cloud computing.
* For all branch have basic knowledge,
1. IOT (internet of things).
2. BIGDATA and hadoops.
3. SMAC (social media analytics cloud).
4. Codehallos (codehallos is an invention of Cognizant itself so prepare it nicely).
* They will surely ask situation based question, just to check your presence of mind (don't take tension just try to find out solution whether wrong or correct because these question does not have any fixed correct answer).
* Sure question on relocation and night shift working issue (that depends on you only).
IF YOU CLEAR THIS TECHNICAL INTERVIEW ROUND YOU WILL HAVE 90% CHANCES OF SELECTION EVEN IF YOU PERFORM BAD IN HR .
Just after 15 minutes, you will have your HR interview.
* In this they will just ask about your strengths and weakness, your extracurricular activities, your hobbies, etc (from your resume).
* In this they just check your communication skills and confidence.
If you get rejected in technical interview just don't get disheartened (sometimes they also have some rejection panels), try for next company.
Because I was rejected by Cognizant (even though my technical interview was gone well) but after that, I was placed in Infosys, so never lose hope.
BEST OF LUCK for your coming campuses.
I hope this will help you in your campus preparation.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.