CTS INTERVIEW - OCT 2006
This is Haranadh.. Recently I joined the family of CTS through campus selection. This is regarding my interview experience. Its fully technical based. I am the first person interviewed in my group. My interview starts with the most common question
1) Tell about u r self. ----- 4min
2) Which subjects u like most ----- C n C++
3) What is virtual function?
4) What is the difference b/w early binding n late binding.
5) They asked to explain any sorting program with example. ------ bubble sort
6) Program to swap 2 numbers with out using third variable
7) What Is a function?
8) Any program in pointers?
9) What is the difference b/w call by value n call by reference
10) What is the output of following
s = 10;
s = s+10;
11) What is the output of following
void add( )
12) o.s architecture?
13) What is fcfs ? --- I explained that with an example.
14) What is data structure?
15) What r the different type of DS
16) What is binary search tree?
17) What is the purpose is btree?
18) What is stack , queue?
19) What is the difference b/w stack n queue
20) Static constructors
21) They've shown me a glass which contained half water n asked me to explain that
22) One small puzzle
23) R u relocatable?
It was about 20min interview.
So guys the main aspect in the preparation for not only cts but also any interview is technical. Be thorough with the technical concepts. No need to go to extreme depth of the subject. Be thorough with the basic concepts. U should be able to give prompt replies for any kind of tech question.
C C++ and Data Structures are very important.
OS concepts and DBMS concepts are also important.
The books list that I referred to:
C : Exploring C and test ur c skills by Yeshwant Kanitkar
C++ : Test ur C++ skills; C++ complete reference
Data structures : Samantha and Schuams series
DBMS : korth
Arithmetic - RS agarwal
Reasoning - RS agarwal verbal and non verbal
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.