Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Experience - 17th and 18th September 2014, Chennai.
It will help you till the HR round. Few even say that, if you don't attend you will not be shortlisted for next round. I am not sure about this. Any how it wont take more than 3 min, please do write that even if the staff ask to skip it. The two sections were very easy and i got cleared the test. I was called for technical interview on 18th September.
I am a M.E Computer Science and Engineering student. out of 48 M.E Students 24 cleared the written test. To be frank, the company was not that much interested in recruiting M.E graduate. All the 24 faced a tough technical round. If the Technical HR ask 5 question, all the 5 you need to answer it. That was not in case of UG students. If you know the basic C and C++ , have confidence to write a program it would easy to clear the Technical Round.
Technical HR asked about my specialization. I said cloud computing. He asked few real time services and deployment models, I explained him very clearly. Then he asked me about the security issues in cloud. I explained him with the recent example of icloud issue and I pulled my final year project which was based upon security issues. I showed the two journal paper which I have written, to him and convinced that my algorithm will give a solution for the security issues. He was literally impressed, which I could find from his smile. He asked me how good are you in programming. I said 7/10. Again he smiled.
He asked me to write a pointer program to add two numbers. I wrote and explained him. He was totally impressed, I knew ill clear technical round from his smile. After the technical interview was over, I got information I am cleared asked me to move to HR round.
If you clear technical round, HR would be purely based upon your communication skill, your attitude and you interest only. I went side the room, where more than 10 HR was sitting. I went to one HR mam. She introduced herself to me and asked "how are you"? I said i am fine. She asked where is my UG college located, I told her. Then she asked me to say something about my positive, apart from the educational qualification etc etc. I told her and I impressed her at the first question itself. The HR mam asked me where I would see myself after 5 years. I told her I wish to PhD. She smiled, which gave a confidence I am in. She gave me a form and asked to sign, which indicates 99.99% i am into Cognizant. After 2 days I got the information I am selected for cognizant.
And now, To all my fellow Engineers, I would like to share the few things, please give attention to the below points.
1. If you have idea to do M.E and then move into corporate, please reconsider your idea. It is very difficult to get a job, unless you are from any govt inst or if you have luck.
2. Please do solve more than 10 placement papers at-least, that would help you in managing the time. If you don't practice,for sure you will not be able to manage the time.
3. Please write resume on your own. Please do not copy paste from your friends. Please do put what you know. For fancy don't add anything to your resume and get caught.
4. If you have gap in education, please consult your placement officer or any person in the organization whether you need to mention that in your resume or not.
5. Stay positive, life doesn't end with single placement. Hunt for a career and not for a job.
6. Please don't scold engineering or your college, ask yourself "How much effort we have taken?" if your are not able to answer, please do something and try to answer. Job is only for those who deserve..!!
7. Even after making very big effort and not able to clear, please don't loose your hope. Something better is awaiting for you. Hunt that.!!
If you are done and got job remember one thing
"Success is a Journey, not a destination"
Move for the next one..!!
My Best wishes to all my fellow Indian Engineers :)
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.