Campus Placement Papers CTS
Paper : Campus Placement Papers CTS
1) Diameter of circle is d, Find length of string.(outer string that covers the circle)
Ans: d (pi + 3)
2) Diamond's value is proportional to its weight2 .When the diamond broke wts of pieces in ratio 1:2:3;4:5.Total loss in value is 85,000. What is the value of the diamond twice the wt of the original diamond.
Ans : 45,000
3)In an island there r tribals who speak lang of atmost 4 words. Lang consists of 4 alphabets.How many words can be formed in that language?
4) It was found that the cause for the malaria was the swamp marsh and so r swamps were drained . Mosquito the real cause for malaria due to lack of breeding grounds (Swamps) also was wiped out. What does this illustrate?
Ans : (Possible) when many conditions form a result eradication of one cause also eradicates the result)
5)An officer kept files on his table at various times in the order 1,2,3,4,5,6 . Typist can take file from top whenever she has time and type it. What order she cann't type.?
Ans : 4,5,6,2,3,1
6) 40 shots taken.50p for a hit.10p for a miss.(he have to give). Finally he has Rs.5.How many hits.?
7) 4 weights r weighed in pairs. Weights of pairs are determined as 103,105,106,106,107,109 What is the min wt?
8) 20 members avg =10.5. 3 memb of 11.5,12.5,13.5 left and 3 memb of 10.5,12.5,14.5 joined along with a teacher of 21 yr.Now avg =
9) Solid cube of 6 * 6 * 6. This cube is cut into to 216 small cubes. (1 * 1 * 1).the big cube is painted in all its faces. Then how many of cubes are painted at least 2 sides.
10) A Bacteria is doubling at every 4 min. After 40 min 1024 bact. Then 256 when
Ans : 32 min
11) A bag contains 3 balls of 11 different colors each. Find the min no of chances to find at least 3 balls of same color?
Ans : 23
12) A work in 12 days b in 15 days. Find the no of days if they work on alternate days.
13) A,B,C r positive int.Out of them 2 r odd. Then 52a + ( b-5)3 (c-3)2 = ?
Ans : always odd.
14) A squarer side is 5cm. If a square of side 10cm is hinged @ the center of the prev square. when they r rotated common area to both squares
(Ans : Does not change)
15) A lady has to feed a dog for the one week from Monday to Sunday .She has food types M,N,O,P,Q,R,S . MNOP ` protein enriched RS -` vitamin enriched. Vitamin enriched cannot be fed on consecutive days.
Conditions given : M should be fed before S.
M should be fed before Q.
R Should be fed before S.
Before N and Q there should be four types.
Based on this 3 ?s are asked.All r easy to answer
16) A man bought at the cost of 5 plums a rupee and 2 oranges a rupee. He sells 10 plums and 6 oranges at the selling price of 4 plums a rupee and 3 oranges a rupee. What is his gain or loss?
Ans loss of 50p.
17) Two solutions have milk & water in the ratio 7:5 and 6:11. Find the proportion in which these two solutions should Be mixed so that the resulting solution has 1 part milk and 2 parts water?
18. If all the 6 are replaced by 9, then the algebraic sum of all the numbers from 1 to 100(both inclusive) varies by
19. The total no. of numbers that are divisible by 2 or 3 between 100 and 200(both inclusive) are
20.From a pack of cards Jack, Queen, King & ace are removed. Then the algebraic sum of rest of the cards is
21. The average temperature of days from Monday to Wednesday is 37 degree Celsius and that of from Tuesday to Thursday is 34 degrees. The temperature of Thursday is 4/5th of Monday. Then the temperature of Thursday is
Ans: 36 degrees
22. Swetha, Tina, Uma and Vidya are playing a gambling. In this different people lose in different games-in the reverse alphabetical order. The rule is that if one loses she should double the amount of others. At the end of 4th game each of them have same amount of money (Rs.32).
Which one of them started with the least amount?
(a) Which one of them started with the largest amount of money?
(b) At the end of the 2nd game what is the amount of money with uma?
Ans: Vidya, Swetha, Rs.8
23. A cube of 12 mm is painted on all its side. If it is made up of small cubes of size 3mm. If the big cube is splitted into those small cubes, the number of cubes that remain unpainted is
24. B is 50% faster than A. If A starts at 9 A.M. and B starts at 10 A.M. A travels at a speed of 50 km/hr. If A and B are 300 kms apart, The time when they meet when they travel in opposite direction is-
25. You are having 31kg of rice. You are provided with a 1kg stone for weighing. In how many weights the 31kg of rice can be weighed.
26. Dia of the circle 4cm.The shaded part is 1/3 of the square area. What is the side of the square.
Ans: root of 3pi
27.The ratio of white balls and black balls is 1:2. If 9 gray balls is added it becomes 2:4:3. Then what is number of black balls.
28. If [x] indicates integral of x i.e is the largest integer less than x and |x| indicates absolute value of x then what is the maximum value of [x]/|x|.
A. 1 B. 0 C.-1 D. None of these
29. In the above question what is the minimum value of [x]/|x|.
A. 1 B. 0 C.-1 D. None of these
30) If the clock(Conventional clock with numbers from 1 to 12 in order) is cut into 3 pieces such that the sum of numbers on each piece are in Arithemetic Progression(A.P) with a common difference of 1.
30. What is the sum of even numbers in the group where 5 is present?
A. 4 B.10 C.12 D.14
31. What is the count of numbers in each piece.
A. 2,2,5 B. 5,5,2 C. 3,4,5 D. 6,4,2
32. What is the sum of the numbers in the group wher 9 is present(excluding 9)
A.12 B. 20. C.18 D.21
33. There is a circular track of length 400 mts. If A and B Starts at the same point but in opposite direction with a speeds of 8 m/sec and 12 m/s respectively.Then at what time after the begining they will meet for the second time.
A. 1hr 40 sec
B. 20 sec
D. 3hr 20 sec
34. In the above question when will they meet for the first time at the starting point.
A. 1hr 40 sec
B. 20 sec
D. 3hr 20 sec
35. If the vertices of the triangle are A(1,2), B(-2,-3) and C(2,3) then which is the largest angle?
36. If [x] indicates integral of x i.e is the largest integer less than x and |x| indicates absolute value of x then fin d the value of [1.99]+[-2.99]+[1.03]+[2.50]
A. 2 B.1 C.-2 D. -5
Watch the below Algorithm for 4 digit number X.
Step1: Add all the numbers
Step2: If it is less than 10 STOP, else go to Step1.
37. If X=6724 then what is the end result after applying the above algorithm.
38. If the 4 numbers are arranged in all possible orders then how many solutions are possible.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.