CTS PLACEMENT PAPER AT N.I.T JAMSHEDPUR (APTITUDE)
PAPER: CTS PLACEMENT PAPER AT N.I.T JAMSHEDPUR (APTITUDE)
1. Product of prime number between 1 and 20.9699690
2. Number of terms between 1 and 999 not divisible by 8 or 12. 831
3. There are number of houses on both sides of a road. On one side houses are numbered in increasing order (1, 2, 3). On other sides houses are numbered in down order. It house number 10, opposite house is house no.23. Find no of houses (Even number of houses are provided). 32
4. What is the area of the shaded region? Ans: 3*x* X (1-(pi/4)).
5. An apple seller is having some apples. He is selling half of the apple what he has plus half the apple to the first customer. In the same way he sells the remaining apple to 7 customers. After selling to 7 customers, he has no apples with him.Ans.127
6. In the combinations of 2,3,6,7 how many possible combinations divisible by 4?Ans. 8
7. If x>y & n>m which of the following data is false. x-m<y-n
8. There are no of urns & no of balls. If three balls are placed in each urn then 3 balls is left. If 4 balls are placed in each urn then 1 urn is left. What is the total no of balls? 7,24Ans. None of these.
9. There are 1997 doors in the courts. 1997 people came out from each door.One door is closed.That may people came out from each door.This continues till a single person come out of the single open door. Find the no of people inside the court?2656
10. There are four teams A, B, C, D playing game. If any one team loses, it will play twice the money to all other teams. They play 3 games. B, C, D loses one game each in the order. Finally A & B has Rs. 40 each & C has Rs. 80 & D has Rs. 16.
11. Which team has started with minimum money? i) A ii) B iii) C iv) D ans. A (5)
12. Which team has started with maximum money? i) A ii) B iii) C iv) D Ans. ii) B (93)
13. Two trains are traveling in 60 kmph on same trace, towards each other. When the distance between them is 18 km, a fly is going to start, flying between them in 80 kmph speed. Find the traveling path distance of the fly up to when it is going to crush by the 2 trains?Ans. 12 km
14. A batsman outs for 23 runs in one inning which increases his average 15 to 16. If he has to get 18 as average, what score is to make by him in the same innings?Ans. 39
15. There are 4 numbers as 5,8,2,1 Form 4, four digit numbers as A, B and find the sum? Sum 106656
16. A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I are all of squares which are combined in a square. Area of B is 81 cm2. Side of A is 1 cm. Then find area of 'I'?Ans. 324 cm2.
17. Death rate in a village (drought ridden) decreases. Naidu Govt claims it free health camps. This goes in valid when:Ans. i. Two water supply tanks were built supplying clean water.
18. In 1996, income after tax deduction of upper classes increases by 3% than in 1995.
A) No of upper class population increase
B) ,, ,, decreases
19. A man gets x/y of Rs.10 & y/x of Rs.10. He gives out Rs. 20.
i) He loses always ii) May or may not lose iii) Cannot always lose.
20 .Petrol prices increased by 40% expected hike in taxi & auto charges so, people may use public transport systems. What do you infer? All people use a bus paid equally. 40 seats in the bus. Bus charge is Rs. 70.37 How many seats we left unfilled. 31
21. 4 men can cross a bridge in 3,7,13, 17 minutes. Only two can cross the bridge at a time. The time taken by the two to cross the bridge is equal to the time taken by the slowest person of the two. Find the minimum time to all of them cross the bridge24.
22. 1000 doors
I man open all
II man 2 multiples close
III man 3 multiples open
IV man 4 multiples close
How many doors are open?583
23. I was married 10 years before my wife was sixth member of my family and now I have a baby and today father died and the average age of my family was same as it was 10 years before. Find my father's age when I was married.Ans. 60
24. Square side 7 cm Find the area 4 equal circles of the circle lying drawn at the _____
25. It takes five minutes to pass a rumour from one person to two other persons. The tree of rumour continues. Find how many minutes does it take spread the rumour to 768 persons. 47.5m
26. There are 9 coins. One of 9 is less weighted and others have equal weighted. Find the minimum no of balances to find the defective coin? Ans. 2
27. 2500 km distance between Mumbai & Calcutta, Calculate the average speed. 1) from Mumbai to calculate 25 hrs 2) speed during the return journey was 150 km/hr. 3) speed during the forward journey is 100 km/hr. a) if it can be answered using each of the given above . Mark b) if it can be answered using two of them. Mark c) If it can be answered using none of them. Mark d) if none of them is required to answer.Ans. (b)
28. Three birds cross a point at the same instant with equal speed. Two of the birds fly exactly in opposite direction. After they cross the point at any instant of time the three birds are joined by straight lines to form a triangle. The nature of the triangle is
i) Isosceles ii) equilateral iii) Right angled iv) Right-angled isosceles
29. There are two parallel streets in North-South direction. A lives in street 1, B lives in street 2, A goes 10 km north and B goes south 8 km to meet the east " west road. A moves 4 km east and B moves 6 km west to meet each other. Find distance between houses owned by A & B. Ans:20
30. A question on eco system.(Inference: Food energy in the eco system depends on the type of population.)
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.