CTS Campus Placement Paper (Aptitude Section)
Paper: CTS Campus Placement Paper (Aptitude Section)
1. A starts from a place at 11.00 A.M. and travels at a speed of 4 kmph, B starts at 1.00 P.M. and travels with speeds of 1 kmph for 1 hour, 2 kmph for the next 1 hour, 3 kmph for the next 1 hour and so on. At what time will B catch up with A?
a) 9.24 b)9.32 c)9.48 d)none
2. The average temperature of Monday to Wednesday was 37C and of Tuesday to Thursday was 34C. If the temperature on Thursday was 4/5 th of that of Monday, the temperature on Thursday was
a)36.5C b)36C c)35.5C d)34C
3. Swetha and Chaitanya went to a bookshop. Swetha purchased 5 pens, 3 note books and 9 pencils and used up all her money. Chaitanya purchased 6 pens, 6 note books and 18 pencils and paid 50% more than what Swetha paid. What % of Swethas money was spent on pens?
a) 12.5 b} 62.5 c) 75 d) cant be determined.
Directions for Questions 4,5,6.
Alex, Bond, Calvin and Dorna collected coins of different countries.
a. They collected 100 altogether b. None collected less than 10
c. Each collected an even no. d. Each collected a different no.
4. Based on the above, we can say that the no. of coins collected by the boy who collected the most could not have exceeded
a) 54 b) 64 c) 58 d) 60
5. If Alex collected 54 coins, we can say (on the basis of information obtained so far) that difference in nos. collected by the boy who collected the most and the boy who collected the 2nd most should be at least
a) 30 b) 34 c) 26 d) 12
6. Alex collected 54 coins. If Calvin collected 2 more than double the no. collected by Dorna, the no. collected by Calvin was
a) 10% b) 30% c) 22% d) 26 %
7. How many nos. are there between 100 and 200 both inclusive and divisible by 2 or 3?
a) 67 b) 68 c) 84 d) 100
8. Find the greatest no. that will divide 964,1238 and 1400 leaving remainder of 41,31 and 51 resp.
a) 58 b) 64 c) 69 d) 71
9. If all 6's get inverted and become 9's , by how much will the sum of all nos. between 1 and 100 both inclusive change?
a) 300 b) 330 c) 333 d) none of these
10. If all the picture cards are removed from a pack of cards, the sum of the values of the remaining is
a) 55 b) 220 c) 54 d) 216
11. What is the min. no. of weighing operations required to measure 31 kg of rice if only one stone of 1 kg is available?
a) 31 b) 6 c) 5 d) 16
12. The ratio of the no. of white balls in a bag to that of black balls is 1:2. If 9 grey balls are added the ratio of nos. of white, black and grey become 2:4:3. How many black balls were in the bag?
a) 6 b) 9 c) 12 d) 8
13. There are 2 toy cars facing each other at a distance of 500 cm from each other. Each car moves forward by 100 cm at a speed of 50 cm/s and then moves backward by 50 cm at a speed of 25 cm/s. How long will it take for the cars to collide?
a) 12s b) 14s c) 16s d) 13s
14. It takes 8, 12 and 16 days for A,B and C resp. to complete a task. How many days will it take if A works on the job for 2 days then B works on it until 25% of the job is left for C to do, and C completes the work?
a) 10 days b) 14 days c) 13 days d) 12 days
15. A and B run in opposite directions from a pt. P on a circle with different but constant speeds. A runs in clockwise direction. They meet for the first time at a distance of 900 m in clockwise direction from P and for the second time at a distance of 800 m in anticlockwise direction from P. If B is yet to complete one round, the circumference of the circle is
a) 1700m b) 1250m c) 1300m d) 1200m
16. Bird A starts flying from P to Q at 9.00 A.M. and bird B starts flying from Q to P at 10.00 A.M. B is 50% faster than A. What is the time at which they meet if P and Q are 300kms apart and A's speed is 50kmph.
a) 12 noon b) 12.30pm c) 11.30am d) 11.00am
17. There are 6 cities, of which each is connected to every other city. How many different routes can one trace from A to B, such that no city is touched more than once in any one route
a) 48 b) 60 c) 65 d) 72
18. In a group of 80 coins, exactly one is counterfeit and weighs less than the others. U are provided a scale to weigh to coins. The min. no. of weightings req. to determine the counterfeit coin is
a) 4 b) 1 c) 5 d) none of these
Directions for questions 19 to 23
Mark a if the ans. Can be obtained using 1 and 2 independently
Mark b if the ans. Can be obtained by using only one of the two statements.
Mark c if the ans. Can be obtained by using both statements 1 and 2 but not either of them alone.
Mark d if the ans. Cannot be obtained by using 1 and 2
19. What is the selling price of product X
1. Profit as a % sales is 10%, cost price is Rs.27
2. Profit as % sales is 20%, cost price is Rs.20
20. Find the perimeter of the rear wheel of a cart
1. When the cart moves 5m, the rear wheel moves R rotations less than the front wheel.
2. The radius of the rear wheel is 3 times that of front wheel.
21. Is a-b+c>a+b-c. a,b,c are integers.
1. b is negative
2. c is positive
22.What is the distance from mumbai to Nagpur?
1. Driving at 90kmph I reach nagpur I hr earlier than if I were to drive at 80kmph.
2. Driving at 100kmph I covered 40% of the distance in 7 hrs.
23.What is the age of father and the son?
1. The ratio of their ages is 5:3 now and will be 3:2 in 10 years.
2. The sum of their ages now is 80, and 5 years ago the ratio was 9:5.
24. A cube of 12cm sides is painted red on each side. It is cut into cubes of 3cm side each. How many of
the smaller cubes do not have any side painted red?
a) 8 b) 12 c) 16 d) 0
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.