CISCO PLACEMENT PAPER AT IITK (Analytical & Technical)
CISCO PLACEMENT PAPER AT IITK
In a puzzle solving problem puzzle A was solved by 67, B by 46 and C by 40 candidates. 28 solved both A and B, 8 solved both B and C, 26 both A and C. 2 solved all three.
1) How many solved A but not B and C?
4 9 12 11
2) How many B but not A and C
8 18 28 39
3) 100 examinees appear for 2 tests. 76 passed in eng and 74 in science. 60 passed both. How many failed in both subjects?
4 6 8 10
4) 450 play tennis, 240 billiard and 180 golf. 120 play both tennis and golf. 150both tennis and billiard. If none of them play both billiards and golf, and/or all the three games, find the number of members in the club.
200 360 480 600
5) A fair attended by 400 people, 140 attended cultural, 370 visited food stalls. How many visited both cultural and food stalls?
110 180 230 460
In an art gallery, 12 paintings A, B, C, D, E, F?L are to be displayed in 12 different slots. The slots are on either side of a long corridor with 6 slots on each side. Slot 1 is opposite slot 7, 2 is opposite to 8 and so on. The arrangement of paintings is such that K is in the same row as D, D is opposite to H which is exactly between E and F. C is opposite to I which is exactly in between B and F. A is in slot 1. A is diagonally opposite to B, which is opposite to J.
6) which is in slot 6?
A G J L
7) which is in between I and H?
A F I L
8) how many arrangements are possible?
1 2 3 4
9)which is in slot 12?
A B L K.
Directions for qs. 10-14.
1 if the question can be answered by statement 1 alone.
2 if question by statement by 2 alone.
3 if question can be answered by both statements, but not with the help of either of them independently.
4, if can not be answered at all.
10) R lends some money to P at compound interest(compounded yearly). How much interest does he receive in the third year?
1 Rate of interest = 10%
2 Interest in 4th year - Interest in 3rd year = Rs 1805.
1 2 3 4
11) A begger is counting his collection for the day. He has only 50 paise and Re 1 coins. Does he have more of 50 paise coins?
1 His total collection for the day is Rs 30.
2. The value of all Re 1 coins is less than the value of all 50 paise coins.
1 2 3 4
12) there are 21 children. 9 are boys and 12 are girls. If one of the children is randomly selected, what is the probability that the child is a boy who is not a student?
1 of the boys, 4 are students.
2 of the girls 5 are students.
1 2 3 4
13) Are triangles LMN and XYZ are congruent?
1 LMN and XYZ have equal bases and equal heights.
2 Both triangles are isosceles.
1 2 3 4
14) Does line A pass through origin of the co ordinate plane?
1. A passes through (2,0)
2. a is perpendicular to the Y axis.
1 2 3 4
15) A box contains some red, black and green balls. No. of red balls are 4/5 of black balls. No. of green balls is ? the no of black balls. There are 470 balls. How many are black?
184 200 316 354
Directions for qs. 16-20
In a certain code, the symbol for 0 is * and that for 1 is $. Numbers greater than 1 are to be written only by using the two symbols given above. The value of symbol for 1 doubles everytime it shifts one place to the left (eg. 4 is written as $**; 3 as $$ )
17) 17 x 2 / 16 x 4 / 5 x 2 + 6 / 10
$** $$ $$* $***
18) value of LCM (12, 14, 18)
19) Average of ($**, $*$, $**$)
20) Value of (33 + 43 + 32) / 52
Directions for qs. 21-25
A big cube is divided into smaller cubes. The middle cubes on all the four edges of the top layer are divided into eight smaller cubes each. The entire is then painted black.
21) How many smaller cubes are painted black on more than 3 faces?
0 4 8 12
22) How many smaller cubes are painted black on only 3 faces?
0 4 8 12
23) How many smaller cubes are painted black on only 2 faces?
4 8 12 16
24) how many smaller cubes are painted on only 1 face?
18 20 22 24
25) how many smaller cubes are not painted black at all?
1 3 6 9.
40 qs are there in technical, questions on diodes were there, such as PIV of center tapped. Band gap of Silicon, what type of bonding in semiconductors and related to these. Just be familiar with the BTech Gate Basics.There was a section on eletromagnetics and electrdynamics. 10 very basic questions were there. This is for electrical part.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.