CGI Interview Process - Hyderabad 1st september 2016
Placement paper: Paper prepared by CGI company and assessed by Elitmus.
1. Written test: (quants, logical, verbal, advanced quants, and programming flow graph analysis)
2. Group Discussion: (in my interview process the topics were on Women empowerment, smart work Vs Hard work, FDI and current trending topics.)
It was not so tough. Just you need to speak, express your views and content is not mattered. Avoid fillers, stay confident. Sometimes you may also have Just a min (JAM) instead of GD.
3. Technical Interview: Mostly questionnaires are from your resume and mini project/internship you have done. Be good at any programming language and also DBMS (SQL,PL/SQL). I have mentioned Java and SQL in my resume, so questions were Mostly asked from java and SQL.
The questions are as follows:
1. Why is Java language preferable?
2. What is the web server?
3. String buffers and classes.
4. Are strings immutable? And basic snippets on strings?
5. What is Servlet? And it's disadvantages?
6. What is JVM?
7. Write a query to select second largest employee salary from the table?
8. Join operations.
9. Simple logical questions.
Some panelists were very tough. They may also focus only on Puzzles in some cases. Just be good at basics of technical subjects.
4. HR interview: This is the last round were you were asked questions like:
- Why CGI?
- Tell me about your family background?
- Will you like work under pressure?
- Will you relocate anywhere?
90% you are successful if you clear technical round. So, mostly focus on your written test and technical to crack easily.
Overall, my Interview experience was good.
All the best.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.