Caterpillar Interview Experience - Caterpillar Test Paper
2. A student got marks in the ratio 6:7:8:9:10 in five subjects having equal maximum marks. Totally, he scored 60% marks. In how many subjects, he got more than 50%?
D. None of these
3. In how many ways can a delegation of 4 professors and 3 students be constituted from 8 professor and 5 students, if Balamurli an Arts students refuses to be in the delegation when Prof. Siddharth, the Science professor is included in it?
4. Ram is having 158 coins of one rupee. He puts it in different bags, so that he can hand over the cash of any denomination required between Rs. 1 to Rs. 158. What is the least number of bags required?
D. None of these
5. A takes 4 days to do a work. B takes twice as long as A. C takes twice as long as B and D takes twice as long as C. They are made in groups of two. One of the groups takes two third of the time taken by second pair. What is the combination of the first pair?
Directions for Questions 6 to 10:
Fill in the blanks with appropriate words.
6. A well- _________, physically and mentally active ________ alone can contribute to the speedier economic progress of a nation.
A. educated, subjects
B. organized, systems
C. advanced, brethren
D. nourished, populace
7. Democracy has taken a ______ in a system which promotes sycophancy and _____.
A. dive, bureaucracy
B. delve, dictatorship
C. beating, mediocrity
D. privilege, intolerance
8. Time has now come for all agencies working in the development sector to launch a multi-pronged __________ to _________ malnutrition.
A. system, abjure
B. weapon, annihilate
C. policy, deviate
D. strategy, eradicate
9. The truth is that in a highly capital-intensive business _______ deep pockets, domestic civil aviation is _______ under capitalized.
A. ascertaining, highly
B. requiring, woefully
C. sustaining, alarmingly
D. balancing, astonishingly
10. We must develop _____ systems from the village upwards and up to the national level to constantly _______ the nutritional status of the people.
A. monitoring, review
B. machinery, tackle
C. efficient, emancipate
D. sound, harbour
Directions for Questions 11, 12:
Read each sentence to find if there is any grammatical error in it.
11. I enjoyed(A) / during my(B) / stay in(C) / England(D)
12. I shall (A)/ ring him(B) / tomorrow(C) / in the afternoon(D)
13. Identify the correct statement:-
A. The brakes and steering failed
B. and the bus ran down the hill
C. without anyone being able control it.
D. No error
14. Identify the correct statement:-
A.The brand propositon now therefore had to be that Keokarpin Antiseptic Cream is more effective
B. because it penetrates deepdown (beinglight and non-sticky)and works from within
C. (because of its ayurvedic ingredients) tokeep skin blemish, free and helps cope with cuts nicks, burns and nappy rash
D. No error
15. Identify the correct statement:-
A. The single biggest gainer in this process
B. was ITCs Gold Flake Kings sales are estimated
C. to have moved up from 50 million to 200 million sticks per month during 1987 and last year.
D. No error
16. Identify the correct statement:-
A. Another reason for pharmaceutical companies beefing up their
B. OTC (Over the Country) divisions is that prescription drugs with proven safety records which have been reached
C. the end of the their patent protection periodare
D. Allowed to be sold without a prescription. No error
Q17. Identify the correct statement:-
A. He is
B. too intelligent
C. to make a mistake.
D. No error
Q18. Find the antonym of the word:- REPRESS
19. Find the Antonym of the word: EXODUS
20. Find the synonym of the word: REPERCUSSION
A. Clever reply
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.