BRAKES INDIA PAPER
TEST I : GENERAL APTITUDE : 15 MINS : 25 QUESTIONS
1. Commerce minister of India ----- (Arun jaitley)
2. First car using CRDI is ----- (Hyundai Accent, Skoda Octavia,)
3. First Indigenous car sold in European market ----- (Tata indica, M&M scorpio, fiat palio)
4. Selection Committee Leader of Indian cricket team ----- (Kiran more, Syed kirmani, Brijesh patel)
5. Governor of RBI (Reserve Bank of India) ----- (S.Rangarajan, Sivathanu pillai, Y.V.Reddy, Bimal jalan)
6. WTO meeting recently held at ----- (Cancun, Jakarta, Geneva)
7. Economic Growth Rate is measured by ----- (GDP, inflation, GNP)
8. HAL's (Hindustan Aeronautical Limited) indigenous aircraft ----- (Tejas, Trishul, Danush)
9. Which European country does not have the same currency ----- (U.K, Spain, France, Germany)
10. Meaning of URGE ----- (desire, strength, forceful demand)
11. Opposite of PHENOMENAL ----- (ordinary)
12. Find in which part Grammatical / idiomatic error occurs in the sentence
Yesterday while/crossing the road/he was/ run out by a lorry
A B C D
13. ISRO chairman ----- (Madhavan Nair)
14. Opposite of “obscure” ----- (explicit)
15. Meaning of apprehend ----- (fear)
16. What is the name of the robot presented by japan to Indonesia ----- (Azimo Honda)
17. It is very cold outside. You must take some clothes with you.
Ans: combined sentence will start with "As it is very cold outside.."
18. By the time we reached the station the train had departed.(ans)
TEST II : TECHNICAL TEST : 30 min : 75 QUESTIONS
1. In V belt drive contact is made on
1) bottom 2) sides 3)bottom and sides
2. Section modulus of hollow shaft
3. Down milling is also called Climb milling
4. Drilling is an example of Oblique cutting
5. Section view of 'C' washer
6. Deflection of simple supported beam carrying UDL 5/384*Wl4/EI
7. Flexible coupling is used because
8. Washer is used to provide bearing area
9. Initial tension is considered in
1)tension springs 2)Compression springs 3)Both
10. Kelvin plank law deals with
1) Conservation of work into heat 2) conservation of heat into work
11. Soldering alloy consists of Tin and lead
12. Why chromium is used in steel alloys? Corrosive resistance
13. High cutting speed is obtained while machining
1) HSS 2) carbide 3) CBN
14. Metal forming is an example of chipless machining
15. Top rake angle is provided for Easy removal of chip
16. Alloying is done for increased strength and application
17. Transformer is used welding 1)to convert AC to AC
2)AC to DC 3) DC to AC
18. Spheroidal cast iron is getting from Grey cast iron by adding Mg
19. In throttling process Enthalpy constant
20. 70 cc of engine means swept volume
21. Tan (a) = co efficient of friction
22. Geneva mechanism is used for Intermittent motion
23. In NC system for profile machining
1)point to point 2) contour motion 3)paraxial m
24. In centreless grinding, the grinding wheel and the regulating wheels rotate in the same direction.
25. Centridal distance of a semi circle 4*r/3*pi
26. Highest packing factor: FCC
27. Which chart takes care of control attributes : Pchart, C chart, R chart
28. Fixture is used for holding the workpiece without disturbing the tool path
29. Code for circular interpolation G 02
30. Order of transmission in a car: EFCPD (Engine Flywheel Clutch propeller shaft Differential)
31. Reverse gear has less speed because
1.More speed is not necessary in reverse gear 2.Steering is difficult in the reverse direction 3.less space availability 4.Design simplification
32. Which of the following has no unit: specific gravity
33. Use of annealing : to relieve stresses
34. Question on stress concentration
4 figures: one with the notch is the answer
35. How many squares are there in this figure: 14
36. Pulley question: w=f/2
37. Equivalent stiffness of springs in series: k1k2/(k1+k2)
38. Deflection=5 mm.stiffness=k,.then applied load is 5 k
39 bevel gear is used in differential
Diagram Questions (Technical) 20 Questions like
what is the stress in xx section? 1)bending 2)axial loading 3)both
General Aptitude questions like
1) What is the no of straight lines in this diagram,
2) Find NO of Triangles
1st 20 questions : Diagrammatic questions from SOM, E-MECH, DESIGN, ENGG DRAWING
Quality will improve marketing of a product.
Elimination round…. Those who have dominated were shortlisted. Same topic for all the groups. ….12 out of 25 were shortlisted.
TECH INTERVIEW 1 : MANUFACTURING : 20- 30 MINS
TECH INTERVIEW 2 : DESIGN : 20-30 MINS
HR INTERVIEW: 15 MINS
NO ELIMINATION AT THE END OF EACH INTERVIEW… CUMMULATIVE....
1. Questions on field of interest
2. stress-strain diagram
Heat treatment –All processes
Types of springs
What is spring constant
What is Pascal's Law?
Bernoulli's theorem and it's application
Newton's three laws of motion
Reynolds no? where is it used? Can it be used in brakes?
Boyle's law, charles law
In a balloon, both pressure and volume varies when you blow it. How will you apply boyle's law in this situation?
favourite subject in +2 (physics)
focal Length, unit of power of lens (dioptre)
Types of protective coating
specific gravity? Unit?
what is 1 micron?
screw guage and vernier caliper
what r the CAD software u know?
Given a component, asked the material and the manufacturing process
what is your caste?
who inspired you to study?
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.