BEL PAPER & INTERVIEW - 19 SEP 2008 - PANTNAGAR
I'm Vikash Kimothi from College of Technology, PANTNAGAR. BEL visited my college on 19th-20th Sept'08 for recruitment.
Their selection procedure consist of 2 stages ----- Written (technical) and Interview. They have different written paper for Electronics, Computer & Mechanical Engg candidates. I'm from ECE and the written test consists of general questions most of them from communication & digital logic families. The cut-off for the written examination was 30%. After clearing the written I face the interview. Interview panel comprise of 5 members from Electronics, Computer, Mechanical & HRD field. Most of the questions asked in the interview were simple like some Electronics principles and their applications.
They ask mainly questions from communication--analog & digital and also ask for the principle/ working of some equipment like CFL, electronic fan regulators, DTH service/satellite tv, mobile phone, IP tv etc...
Here I have given some of the questions of the written paper(ECE)... The paper consist of two sections---40 objective & 10 true false questions. The cut-off as told by them 30% but they may have increase this limit. in my college only 8 out of 21 cleared the paper (for ECE branch)
Part I---Objective questions (40 with 1.5 marks each) with 50% -ve marking
1. Numerical problem based on modulation index fc, fm.... (formula based direct question).
2. Poles & zeroes are at .01,1,20,100... find phase margin/angle at f=50Hz.
ans -90 (By drawing bode plot)
3. In n-type enhancement mode MOSFET drain current--------
options are- increase/decrease with inc/dec in drain/gate voltage.
4. Gain of an directional antenna 6db P=1mw find transmitted power..... (use Ptr= G * P.)
5. Multiplication of two nos 10101010 & 10010011 in 2's complement form..
6. A ckt is given supplied with 15v with a series of resistance of 1k and a parallel combination of 12V zener diode and 2k resistance. Find current through 2k resistance.
7. A MP has 16 line data bus & 12 line addr bus find memory range....
8. Divide by 12 counter require minimum ..... no of flip flops
9. Storage time in p-n junction.
10. Successive approx. use in ....
Ans ADC(analog to digital)
11. Pre-emphasis require in ...... low freq/high freq signal.
12. Handshake in MP .....
Ans. to communicate with slower peripherals.
13. Binary equivalent of 0.0625
14. Which code is self complement of itself
15. Excess three code of an given binary no.
16. When we add 6 in BCD operations....
Ans. if result exceed valid BCD nos.
17. Shottky diode has better switching capability because it switch between....
18. Figure of Merit is same as......
19. Switching in diode happens when....
20. During forward bias majority charge conc. in depletion layers inc/decrease....
21. Channel capacity depend on....
Ans. Usable frequency or bandwidth
22. A 2kHz signal is passed through an Low pass filter having cut-off freq 800Hz o/p will be
23. Carrier amplitude 1v, peak to peak message signal 3mv find modulation index.
24. A 12V signal is quantized into two V/14 & 6 equal V/7 determine quantization error.
Part II True & false (10 - 1 mark each) with 50% -ve marking
1. Power dissipation in ECL is minimum.... False
2. Fourier Transform of a symmetric conjugate function is always real.... True
3. Divide by 12 counter requires a minimum of 4 flip flops.... True
4. Boron can be use as impurity to analyse base of a npn transistor.... True
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.