- What are the two types of transmission technology available?(i) Broadcast and (ii) point-to-point
- What is subnet?A generic term for section of a large networks usually separated by a bridge or router.
- Difference between the communication and transmission.
Transmission is a physical movement of information and concern issues like bit polarity, synchronisation, clock etc.
Communication means the meaning full exchange of information between two communication media.
- What are the possible ways of data exchange?(i) Simplex (ii) Half-duplex (iii) Full-duplex.
- What is SAP?Series of interface points that allow other computers to communicate with the other layers of network protocol stack.
- What do you meant by "triple X" in Networks?The function of PAD (Packet Assembler Disassembler) is described in a document known as X.3. The standard protocol has been defined between the terminal and the PAD, called X.28; another standard protocol exists between hte PAD and the network, called X.29. Together, these three recommendations are often called "triple X".