- When a thread is created and started, what is its initial state?A thread is in the ready state after it has been created and started.
- What is the purpose of finalization?The purpose of finalization is to give an unreachable object the opportunity to perform any cleanup processing before the object is garbage collected.
- What is the Locale class?The Locale class is used to tailor program output to the conventions of a particular geographic, political, or cultural region.
- What is the difference between a while statement and a do statement?
A while statement checks at the beginning of a loop to see whether the next loop iteration should occur.
A do statement checks at the end of a loop to see whether the next iteration of a loop should occur. The do statement will always execute the body of a loop at least once.
- What is the difference between static and non-static variables?A static variable is associated with the class as a whole rather than with specific instances of a class. Non-static variables take on unique values with each object instance.
- How are this() and super() used with constructors?this() is used to invoke a constructor of the same class. super() is used to invoke a superclass constructor.