19. What is the difference between a default skin and a named skin?
The default skin is applied to all the Web server controls in a Web form, which are of similar type, and it does not provide a Skin ID attribute. The named skin provides a Skin ID attribute and users have to set the Skin ID property to apply it.
20. What is IIS? Why is it used?
Internet Information Services (IIS) is created by Microsoft to provide Internet-based services to ASP.NET Web applications. It makes your computer to work as a Web server and provides the functionality to develop and deploy Web applications on the server. IIS handles the request and response cycle on the Web server. It also offers the services of SMTP and FrontPage server extensions. The SMTP is used to send emails and use FrontPage server extensions to get the dynamic features of IIS, such as form handler.
21. What is Query String? What are its advantages and limitations?
The Query String helps in sending the page information to the server.
The following are the limitations of Query String:
22. What is actually returned from server to the browser when a browser requests an .aspx file and the file is displayed?
When a browser requests an .aspx file then the server returns a response, which is rendered into a HTML string.
23. How can you display all validation messages in one control?
The ValidationSummary control displays all validation messages in one control.
24. Which two new properties are added in ASP.NET 4.0 Page class?
The two new properties added in the Page class are MetaKeyword and MetaDescription.