ASP.NET AJAX - .NET Interview Questions and Answers
What are the components of the ASP.NET AJAX architecture?
You can divide the ASP.NET AJAX architecture into two components - AJAX client architecture and AJAX server architecture.
Describe AJAX Control Extender Toolkit.
Explain the need of the Timer control in AJAX.
The Timer control is used with an UpdatePanel control to allow partial-page updates at a specified interval. It is mostly used when a periodically partial-page update for one or more UpdatePanel controls is required without refreshing the entire page.
When the Timer control initiates a postback, the Tick event is raised on the server for which you can provide an event handler to perform the actions when the page is submitted to the server. The Tick event occurs when the time specified in the interval property has elapsed and the page is posted on the server. You can add one or more Timer controls on a Web page. Usually the entire page requires only a single Timer control; however, you can use multiple Timer controls, if the UpdatePanel controls are being updated at different intervals.
List the different states of XMLHttpRequest with their description.
The different states of the XMLHttpRequest
object are as follows:
- Uninitialized - Refers to the state when the object has not been initialized.
- Open - Refers to the state when the object has been created; however, the send function has not been invoked.
- Sent -Refers to the state when the send function is invoked; however, the status and headers are not available.
- Receiving - Refers to the state when the process is receiving data.
- Loaded - Refers to the state when the procedure is completed and the entire data is available.
Can we nest the UpdatePanel controls?
Yes, we can nest the UpdatePanel control.