ASP.NET AJAX - .NET Interview Questions and Answers
What are the new features included in the Microsoft AJAX library?
- Imperative syntax - Supports simple imperative syntax that is used to create and manage controls.
- Script loader - Retrieves all scripts that are needed by one or more client component or control automatically and executes the scripts in the order in which they are received.
- Client data access - Supports to access client data and display by client data control and client template.
- Client datacontext - Supports read and write permission to data from a database.
- The AdoNetDataContext class - Enables you to easily interact with an ADO.NET Data Services service.
- jQuery integration - Helps to access the elements in your Web pages, work with client-side events, enable visual effects, and make it easier to use AJAX in your applications.
Explain the Step property of the NumericUpDownExtender control.
The Step property sets the steps for numeric increment and decrement. The default value is 1.
What are the new features of ASP.NET AJAX 4.0?
ASP.NET 4.0 AJAX includes several new features that provide more functionality to a user. These features are as follows:
- Support for live data binding.
- Support for client-side template rendering.
- Support for declarative instantiation of client components.
- Support for invoking ADO.NET data services and data contexts.
- Support for the DataView control.
Why do we use the UpdateProgress control in AJAX?
The UpdateProgress control is somewhat related to the UpdatePanel control. The UpdateProgress control enables you to design a user-friendly interface when a Web page consists of a number of UpdatePanel controls for partial-page rendering.
The UpdateProgress control makes you aware of the status information about the partial-page updates in the UpdatePanel control.
What is JSON?
How many validation controls are available in ASP.NET AJAX 4.0?
The following validation controls are available in ASP.NET AJAX 4.0:
- FilteredTextBoxExtender - Enables you to apply filtering to a text box.
- MaskedEditExtender and MaskedEditValidator - Restricts a user to enter only a certain pattern of characters in the TextBox by applying a mask to the input.
- ValidatorCalloutExtender - Attaches to the ASP.NET validators so that the error messages are not displayed as a simple text but as a balloon-style ToolTip.
- NoBot - Prevents the spam/bot from filling the input forms automatically and uses the Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart (CAPTCHA), which is a type of challenge-response test to ensure that the response is not generated by the computer.
- PasswordStrengthExtender - Measures the strength of the password text entered within the text box by validating with the different strength specified parameters