Wipro Interview Experience - FIEM, Kolkata, 1st and 3rd September 2016.
(- Firstly, for Wipro - your academic result matters! So don't neglect your studies.
- Secondly, practice the General Aptitude part well - Apti round is a strict elimination round, and they will eliminate as many as possible.)
At first, a representative from Wipro gave a presentation on their company - this is what we call a pre-placement talk.
After the pre-placement talk, it was time for the test to begin. Now the Round 1 which is the Aptitude round is not the same for all. Actually, Wipro divides students into 2 categories - Toppers and Non-toppers.
Toppers are those who have got 75% or more marks in both class 10 & 12 and also a CGPA of 7.5 or more during this B.Tech course. And the rest are non-toppers. For Toppers, Round 1 means a Technical Aptitude test (C, data structure, OOP) followed by a Written communication test (only if one clears the technical apti); and for the Non-toppers it is Quantitative, Logical, Verbal & Technical aptitude followed by Written communication (only if one clears the aptitude part).
I was one of those who was shortlisted as toppers. So I sat for the Technical Aptitude round first. The questions were based on C, data structure and object oriented programming. You need to have your basics clear and good concept of these subjects. I successfully cleared this exam and next came the Written Communication part (paragraph or essay). The topic I got was "Do you prefer to be just a member of a group or the leader of a group". Well, I enjoyed writing on this topic.
After an hour or so, the results were declared, and I was through to the next round! :D.
ROUND 2: Technical Interview:
I was called at around 1 pm for the technical interview. The interviewer was a nice and soft-spoken person. Here are the questions I faced.
1. Coming from an Instrumentation background, why do you want to join IT company?
2. Do you like coding?
3. What is the difference between a "Character Array" and a "String"?
4. Initialise a String using a character array and print the string using a Pointer.
5. What is a ternary operator?
6. What is the output for:
7. What is the output for:
for( ; x<=0; x++)
8. Take any 5 numbers, use any one sorting technique, and show all the steps for sorting them.
9. In a Singly Linked List, if a user specifies the element of any node, how would you delete its previous node?
I answered all of them confidently and always maintained a smile on my face.
Within 5 minutes of the completion of my Technical Interview, I came to know that I have been selected for HR round!!! :D.
ROUND 3: HR Interview:
Around 3 pm I was called for the interview.
Me - May I come in?
Interviewer (the same lady who gave the presentation) - Yes come in.
Me - Good Afternoon ma'am.
Interviewer - Good Afternoon. Had your lunch?
Me - Yes ma'am.
And then these were the questions I faced:-
1. Why do you want to join an IT company?
2. What do you expect from Wipro?
3. Tell me about your interests and hobbies.
4. So you are a singer-songwriter, please sing an original song written by you.
5. Life will not be that easy at an IT company, would you still like to continue with your passion?
6. Do you have any problem with relocation?
7. Are you ok with our rule of signing a bond for the first 15 months after joining our company?
Interviewer: Nice to meet you Uttoran, and it was a pleasure to listen to your song.
Me: Thank you, ma'am.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.