1.In the following sentence one important punctuation mark is missing.select the suitable signs from the given alternatives.Rajesh said,"Are uyou fond of music"
2. For the following sentence,choose the most suitable word from the given options.
Rugby is a sport in which ..1..are allowed to carry,handle and throw the ball,although they may only throw it forwards..2..are scored by touching the ball down over the opponents goat-line called a punt or by kicking it over the crossbar between the goal posts.the sort gets it..3..from the ..4.. school in England..5..it was first plyed in 1823.
3) first blank is
4) second blank is:
5) third blank is:
6) fourth blank is:
7) fifth blank is:
8) Select the word among the given choices that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word. MAWKISH
9) in the following the are which belongs to the same category.find the word which does not belong to that category.
10) select among the given coices the word or phrase for each blank that fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.the judges of the family courts have to take..decisions unlike many other courts.
11)choose the letter ed pair that expresses a relationship mst similar to the relationship expressed in the capitalized pair. STORY : BUILDING
a) plot : outline
b) rung : ladder
c) cable : elevator
d) foundation : skyscraper
13) CANONIZE : SAINT:
a) train : athiete
b) guard : dignitary
c) deify : sinner
d) lionize : celebrity
14)in the following sentence one important punctuation mark is missing.select the suitable signs from the given alternatives. Today,34 cities have more than five million inhabitants 12 of these cities are in the industrialized countries and 22 in the developing world.
21.If the class marks in frequency distribution weights of students be 128,137,146,155,164,173&182kgs then,the first class boundary is
22.9 laboures can complete the construction of a wall in 18 days.How many less days will 12 laboures take to complete the same wall?
23.The rectangle box with square base is open at the top.The maximum volume of the box made from 1200 m2 tin,in m3 is:
24.A person was fined for exceeding the speed limit by 10 km/hr.Another person was also fined for exceeding the same speed limit by twice the same.If the second person was traveling at a speed of 35km/hr,find the speed limit.
25.The difference between the compound and simple interest on a certain sum for 2 years at the rate of 8% per annum is Rs.80,What is the sum?
26.The ratio between two numbers is 5:7 and their product is 560.What is the difference between these two numbers?
27.In a family Reshma is elder sister of Ragini.Soni is Reshma s daughter and Saloni is Soni s cousin.Rgini s mother is Rajani.Ramani is the sister-in-law of Reshma.Who is Soni s grandmother?
28.The mean and the variance of a binomial distribution are 4 and 2 respectively.Then the probability of 2 successes is:
29.Take any positive whole number not greater than 50.If the number is even, divide it by 2.If the number is odd,multiply it by 3,and add 1 to the result.Apply the same method to the resulting numbers until you finally arrive at the number 1.shown below is the chain of numbers that results from this method if you begin with 15. 15->46->23->70->35->106->53->160->80->40->20->10->5->16->8->4->2->1
As you can see, the number 15 requires 17 steps to end up at 1.Of the numbers not greater than 50,which takes the longest to reach the number 1 ?
30.After spending 2/3 of his salary on rent and food items and 1/4th of the remaining on transportation,Rajesh has 6000 with him.How much did he pay on transportation?
31.The output of the program is
D)None of these
32.If flag is 1 or letter is not an X ,then assign the value 0 to exit_flag,else set exit_flag to 1.
A)if((flag=1)||(letter!= X ))exit_flag=0;else exit_flag=1;
B) if((flag==1)||(letter<> X ))exit_flag=0;else exit_flag=1;
C) if((flag==1)||(letter!= X ))exit_flag=0;else exit_flag=1;
D)None of these
15. For the following sentence, choose the most suitable word from the given options. If you drink too much, it will_________your judgment.
16. The sharp decline in the mortality since 1941 shows that who argue that the introduction of new chemicals has caused serve health problems are mistaken from 1940-1979, the average life expectancy for the entire United States population increased from 63.6 to 73.6 years, and the total age adjusted death rate declined by forty five percent, including decline in every age, sex and racial group. There were also the years in which there was a dramatic increase in the use of new chemicals in this country. Clearly, then those modern aids to industry have no adverse effects on the general health of society. Which of the following is an assumption underlying the conclusion of the passage above?
A) The increase in life expectancy in the United States was paralleled by corresponding increases in other countries.
B) The growth in the average life expectancy in the United States cannot be attributed to any single factor , but is a general phenomenon.
C) The increase in life expectancy would not have been greater if there had not been an increase in the use of chemicals.
D) Growth in the use of chemicals was a crucial factor in the development of industry from 1940-1979.
17. There is a family of six persons P,Q,R,S,T and U.They are Lawyer, Doctor, Teacher, Salesman,Engineer and Accountant. There are two married couples in the family. S, the salesman is married to the Lady Teacher. The Doctor is married to the Lawyer U, The Accountant is the son of Q and brother of T. R, the Lawyer is the daughter-in-law of P.
T is the unmarried Engineer. P is the Grandmother of U. Which is the profession of P?
38.What is the cycle speed for high-end business PCs,servers, and workstations?
d) over 1 GHz
39. the working set hypothesis in paging schemes for memory management is the hypothesis that
A) the proportion of a process`s virtual memory that is supported by physical memory should reflect tha proportion of its virtual memory that it referaces frequently
B) if the memory management system can provide a process with enough memory to hold all the pages in its working set, then it will experience a low fault rate
c) A process will experience a zero fault rate if all the pages it will reference are brought into memory before it references them
d) none of these
40) the one UNIX command unrelated to RCS is
41. Consider the following program <!--[endif]-->
a) the statement i+=10 is executed by the child only
b) the statement i+=10 is executed by the parent only
c) the child can start executing, only after the termination of the parent process
d) none of these