These are few techinal questions collected by the students of M.V.G.R.College Of Engineering(Vzm. A.P.) during Wipro's visit regarding placements...these r the questions asked in the interview on july 8th 2006....
WIPRO TECHINCAL QUESTIONS
Questions on C
- Difference between array and pointer. Among them which one is dynamic?
- Difference between array and structure
- Difference between structure and union.
- Name the data types in C
- Syntax of Switch
- What is a datatype?
- Write any C program.
- What is the range of short int?
- Difference between C and Java?
- Difference between C and C++?
- What is a pointer?
- What is an array?
- What is structure?
- What is union?
- Write the palindrome program in C
- Program on concatenation of strings without using strcat().
- Program on reversing a given string without using strrev().
- Program on comparing two strings without using strcmp().
- Program on bubble sort.
- Program to find the factorial of a number.
- Program to reverse a number.
- To print average of 5 numbers using an array.
- What r storage classes in C? Why r they required?
- How many sorting techniques r there in C? What r they?
- Why so many sorting techniques r required?
- Using functions write a C program to find the addition of two numbers.
- Write a program for reversing a string using pointers
- Write any one sorting algorithm?
- Using functions write a C program to find the product of two numbers
- What is Stack? What order does it follow?
- What is Queue? What order does it follow?
- Difference between function and procedure
- What is binary tree? Does it have any condition?
- Syntax of while, do while, for, if and small programs using them
- What is the difference between while and do while loops?
- A program, which is written in C, is given and was asked to find out the error.
- Limitations of queue?
- Tell what u know about data structures.
- What is the difference between structure and data structure?
- Call by value and Call by reference? Write a program on them.
- i= -127.4327
What is the output if
printf("%c",i); ans)ascii character (once check this program)
- Command used in C for reading an element
- Command used in C for printing an element
- What is your favorite subject and why????????
- Name the subjects which u studied in last semester or the subject's u r studying presently
- Rate yourself in C.
What is quick sort order and merge sort order? Which is used mostly?What is the most efficient sorting tech?
In the worst case scenario:
quick sort runs in O(n2) time
merge sort runs in O(n.log(n)) time
In average case scenario:
quick sort runs in O(n.log(n)) time
merge sort runs in O(n.log(n)) time
(In the above, n refers to the number of elements being sorted)
Mostly quick sort is used because it is faster than merge sort in the average case scenario. Also, unlike merge sort, quick sort does not need extra memory.
What is AVL tree?
What is 2-3 tree? Balanced tree?
Ans: AVL trees are special binary trees. They are special because they are balanced binary trees. Balanced binary tree means that the height of the left sub tree is almost equal to the height of the right sub tree.
To guarantee this property, insertion and deletion functions for the tree not only insert or delete an element; they also adjust the tree height after insertion or deletion.
In AVL trees, the height difference between left and right sub trees can be at most 1.
2-3 trees are also balanced trees, but they are not binary trees. Instead, each node can have at most 3 children in a 2-3 tree. For example:
However, unlike AVL trees, in 2-3 tree the height of the left and right sub trees must always be equal.
Difference b/w structure and data structure?
Ans: A Structure is a C language term for a container of data types. For instance in C language, you can define a structure containing 2 ints and 1 char like this:
int i1, i2;
A Data Structure is a language independent term. It is used for anything that holds data when a program is running. For instance, if you write a phone book program that lists your friends names and their phone numbers, you can use a LIST data structure to store this data. Or you can use a HASH data structure to store this data.
LIST or HASH or STACK or QUEUE data structures can be implemented in any language. If they are implemented using C language, then the implementer might use one or more C structures to implement LIST or HASH, etc.
For example, to implement a LIST data structure in C language, we commonly use the following kind of C structure:
struct Node * next;
Does every language need a compiler?????? Give an eg.. for both cases.
Ans: No, not every language needs a compiler. For instance, there is a class of languages called interpreted languages that do not need a compiler.
E.g.: BASIC, Perl, Python. Perl and Python are also called scripting languages.
Questions on Operating Systems
- What is an operating system?
- Services provided by an os?
- What is a process?
- Name some page replacement algorithms and which one has the max and which one has min number of page faults?
- What is a page fault?
- What is your favorite os?
- Name some commands you use in Linux?
- What is the help command in Linux?
- Name some of the os which r not of Microsoft's.
- What is a dead lock? Its necessary conditions.
- What r the ways to avoid deadlock.
- Difference between deadlock and starvation?
- What is banker's algorithm?
- Scheduling algorithms in os? What is a semaphore?
- What is Thrashing?
- Different types of Operating systems.
- How is DOS different from LINUX?
- Name your favorite os? Why do u like it????
Questions on Computer Networks
- Different topologies (mesh, star, ring, bus, tree). Advantages and disadvantages of each topology.
- Which topology is used in your college?
- Difference between LAN, MAN, WAN.(different types of networks) Explain about them.
- Name the OSI layers. What is the function of each layer?
- What is a protocol?
- What is an interface?
- What is a layer?
- HDLC, PPP, SDLC protocols.
- What is a gateway?
- What is a router?
- What is a bridge?
- Ethernet 10 base 2,10 base T
Questions on Database Management Systems
- Name some databases
- Keys in DBMS
- Difference between UNIQUE key and PRIMARY key.
- What r dml and ddl in dbms? What r their commands?
Ans) DML (Data Manipulation Language) statements are used for managing data within schema objects. Some examples: Ans) DDL (Data Definition Language) statements are used to define the database structure or schema. Some examples:
- CREATE : to create objects in the database
- ALTER : alters the structure of the database
- DROP : delete objects from the database
- TRUNCATE : remove all records from a table, including all spaces allocated for the records are removed
- COMMENT : add comments to the data dictionary
- RENAME : rename an object
DML (Data Manipulation Language) statements are used for managing data within schema objects. Some examples:
- SELECT : retrieve data from the a database
- INSERT : insert data into a table
- UPDATE : updates existing data within a table
- DELETE : deletes all records from a table, the space for the records remain
- MERGE : UPSERT operation (insert or update)
- CALL : call a PL/SQL or Java subprogram
- EXPLAIN PLAN : explain access path to data
- LOCK TABLE : control concurrency
- Normalization forms? Explain them.
- All the commands in dbms like create, insert, count, drop, select.......
- Command to count the number of records. Ans) count
- Command to sort the records Ans) order by
- Leaky bucket algorithm.
- Is there any compiler in oracle
- Diff between DBMS & RDBMS?? What r Codd rules???
- How many types of relationship??? Eg. Of many-to-many relationship???
- What is join??
Does oracle need a compiler?
Ans: Oracle does not need a compiler to run
Questions on JAVA
- Difference between Java and C++
- Oops concepts and features
- What is a constructor?
- What is a class?
- What is an object?
- What is polymorphism?
- What is Inheritance?
- What is overriding?
- What is an Interface?
- What are abstract data types?
- What do u mean by access specifier?
- What is overloading?
- What is Encapsulation?
- What is garbage collection?
- How do u allocate memory in java?
What is prototype???
A function prototype in C or C++ is a declaration of a function that omits the function body but does specify the function's name, arity, argument types and return type.
Questions on UNIX
- For what is vi used?
- How many ways r there in Unix to open a file?
- What is a kernel?
- What is shell?
- Types of shells?
- What is the difference between while and Until loops?
Write any program in HTML
1) There is no need to fill the resume with too many languages and os..
Questions will b asked basing on whatever u state in resume. So have an idea on all the languages and operating systems u keep in it.
2) When u r asked to tell about your favorite area in C it would always b better to tell arrays. If u tell like functions and pointers and functions,..
then little complicated questions will b asked.
3) Also when u asked to rate yourself in C, then better give 5/10.if u give ratings like 6/10 or 7/10 then questions from pointers r asked. So b careful while rating yourself.
4) While rating 5/10 if he asks y so less then say him confidently that u r still trying to improve your knowledge in C.
5) B confident in whatever u say even though it is wrong.
6) If u have done any project then b prepared with your role in the project work.
7) Unless asked never say your hobbies and weakness.Que like how do u overcome your weakness is asked.
8)Your weakness should b their strength..
9) Never say condractictory qualities.
Eg : Hardwork is your strength and
Weakness is your laziness
10) If u committed a mistake while speaking in English, don't bother about that..Instead continue your answer..That's important..
Confidence matters at the interview. So be confident and most importantly, remain focussed. Look in the eye and speak at ease. Your chances of being selected depends on how well you present yourself. Rest assured, things will fall in place! All the very best!!