this is the paper for virtusa. about 450 of us attende the At out of which 43 cleared for the GD. then they had interviews - very less technical n more of communication skills. out of 43 only 22 cleared went for interview. Finally 11 were shortlisted only 2 from r college
others from nearby colleges. once u have cleared the AT the selection is very
simple. in the AT they r only tesitng ur approach so give proper reasons forthe answers. questions r easy.some questions i remember r
1.A 4 kg cuboid is reduced to 1/4th of its original dimension.what will be the new weight? ans: 62.5 gm
2.A bank pays 4% simple interest compunded annually.x deposits 100$ at the beginning of each yr then what will be the amount at the end of the 5th yr.
ans: 563(not sure)
3. what will be the growth of a tree whose current height is 60 inches with a growth rate of 10%, at the end of 3 years.the value rounded upwards.
ans: 81(not sure)
4. a frog lying in a 30 feet well climbs at the rate of 3ft/hr but slips 2ft each time.how many hours will it take for the frog to climb out.
a)26 hrs b)27 hrs c)28 hrs d)29 hrs ans: 28 (i think)
5. a water lily grows at a rapid rate filling the pond in 20 days.how many days will it take to fill the pond if we start with 2 such lilies with same growth rate. ans: 19 days
6. 20 people go trekking uphill.30% get frostbite n leave the 1st day.of the remaining 2 get sprain n giveup.of the remaining only half of them make it to the top.how amny reached the top. ans: 6
7. given a liquid n two containers of 400ml n 600 ml respectively can u measure 500ml.if yes explain.
8. candy bars r distributed to children 3 to each except the one at the end who got 2.if only 2 were given to each then 8 candy bars were left.what was the original no of candy bars. ans:26
9. many rules r given n the valid statement is asked. ans: the last option.
10. many designs r given n the next possible one is chosen.very easy to do with little imagination.
11. numbers in a sequence n encrypting letters also was there. C section-3 questions were given but better to attend
1.when a user inputs values, if it is even perform a divide by 2, else perform n*n-1 and store them in a sequence.the output must be the largest power of 2 in the given sequence.
2.write a prog to generate pythagorian triads of the form a^2+b^2=c^2.eg3,4,6. The sequence should not repeat by changing the order of the numbers like 4,3,6.
3.a prog is given n we have to check if legal or not. if not correct it or describe its working.the prog looked like a fibonacci generating sequence. make sure u justify ur answers properly bcoz it is the approach they r looking at.once u have cleared the AT it is very easy to get selected..