TCS Interview Process - BVCOE, New Delhi 27-28-29 September 2016
First day (27th Sept), they arranged a PPT (Pre Placement Talk) for us. Around 310 students applied for the placement including all branches and MCA.
Next day (28th Sept), they had an online aptitude + verbal test (90 minutes).
1. The students having 77% in their B.Tech were the test waivers and they have to only give the verbal (Email writing) round.
2. Two CodeVita champions were given direct entry to the interview round.
I got 75% so I had to give the aptitude round as well.
ABOUT THE APTITUDE TEST:
1. 30 quantitative questions to be solved in 80 mins.
2. The level of questions was quite challenging and hard.
3. 80 mins are enough to solve all the questions but if you solve only 65% questions correctly, you are through.
4. Don't waste time on star questions if you are not able to solve them at first go. Better solve the easy ones to gain marks.
5. Try the Open sesame tests available at TCS nextstep site and refer to the sites like IndiaBix.
6. There is a good chance that some previous year questions may repeat the test.
ABOUT THE VERBAL TEST:
1. The email writing part had a duration of 10 mins in which you have to read the instructions carefully.
2. Try some mock tests so that you won't miss any instruction at that time.
3. Don't change the form and punctuation of the words given in the question.
4. Try to write your mail with a word count of 70-80 words and complete it in 8 mins. So that you can easily review the mail again.
RESULT OF THE TEST:
Out of 310 students, 226 students were selected for the interview round.
The interview round was on 29th September and started at 9AM.
The interview round was divided into 3 rounds:
Technical Interview: Two male interviewers were there. I greeted them with "GOOD AFTERNOON" (I was called up at 3:30pm :( )
1. Introduce Yourself.
2. Project related questions.
3. Family background and school level achievements.
4. Questions related to ECE (My branch)
- What is a flip-flop? Types?
- What is modulation ? Types?
- Difference between Asynchronous and synchronous?
- What is a microprocessor ? Examples ?
- What is an embedded system ? Live example(washing machine).
- Difference btw. AM and PM.
- Resistors and Capacitors questions.
5. Why TCS? (Tell them about the achievements of TCS and why TCS will help you in future)
6. Questions on Pointers.
7. Can you relocate? Is your family ok with it!?
8. Why you want to join IT company being an ECE student.
9. Have you enough knowledge about IT. (Tell them how your curriculum and knowledge will help you in their company)
I GAVE ANSWERS TO ALMOST ALL THE QUESTIONS (WITH A SMILE AS REQUIRED).
I was called for the HR Round at around 5 pm.
2. Family background (AGAIN).
3. Can you relocate?
4. My interviewer asked me general questions like Country's Capitals and Army chief of India.
5. If I offer you an IT job and one core job. Which one will you choose (TRICKY QUESTION)?
Tell them about the advantages of IT industry and a little bit of disadvantages of having a core job. Your area of interest would be tested here and most of the students get rejected on this question!
THE HR INTERVIEWER WAS HAPPY FROM MY ANSWERS.
I was called for MR interview at 6pm.
1. Area of interest.
2. Policy of TCS.
3. Will you accept the job if given and if posted at remote area will you still be with us?
4. If your manager wants you to work on holidays. Can you?
5. Where do see yourself after 5-6 years?
6. What do you know about TCS?
MR Round was just a formality!
AT around 11 pm result was announced and 105 students were selected and I was one of them.
"Be smart while giving answers and prepare well for the aptitude round!"
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.