Tata Consultancy Services Interview Pattern - Srikakulam, September 21st, 2014
I had attended for on-campus TCS drive at GMR institute of technology., srikakulam.
I am from EEE Dept(Whatever Dept. you are, process never varies).
TCS had visited our campus on 20th september, 2014.
As soon as the PPT(pre-placement talk) concludes ,we will be heading to written examination.
As usual, first written exam starts with Email writing, and then Aptitude,logical reasoning etc.
Then, on 21st and 22nd they had conducted Technical round(TR) and HR round interviews.
Now here ends the Interview part, now let me get you the few Very Important points to remember.
* For us the eligibility criteria is 60% with max.1 backlog, so we should be careful in keeping ourselves confident about the drive, as TCS may encourage average % candidates besides Higher % candidates.
* If you are well-prepared for the written exam, it is well and good, but if not, there is no need to worry. all you need to do is refer few very important topics such as PROBLEMS ON AGES, NUMBER SYSTEM, PROFIT&LOSS,TIME &WORK, TIME &DISTANCE. In the worst case, at-least refer through basics and then refer R. S. AGGARWAL to attain little confidence. If possible, don't hesitate to learn from your friends, who had already prepared.
* One important point that everyone miss, is time management during ONLINE WRITTEN EXAM, because, all the questions carry -ve marking. It all depends on our decision making skills to choose the questions. Please don't stick to one question for more than 2min. Because in the mean time you can solve 3 other questions.
* Don't fall for long passage type questions in english section, as they were very tempting but time taking.This also applies for pie chart questions.
* And do not forget to feel confident during exam, if you are not very confident about your particular answer, then better do not attempt it. And do have a look on the timer that will be running on your screen.
* One best method to follow in answering the questions will be (a) refer the complete and choose one liners first (b) Then go for questions in which you are very strong in basics. (c) then go for passage type, because later on we can't concentrate much. (d) Few questions may carry, 5 MARKS ., so go for them in the last 10 min, because they time taking.
* PLEASE REMEMBER, TCS WOULD FILTER MAXIMUM NUMBER OF STUDENTS IN WRITTEN EXAM ONLY,
SO IF YOU ARE ONCE PROCEEDED TO NEXT ROUND, YOUR JOB IS HALF IN YOUR HANDS ALREADY.
* Then comes important points for TR round interview.
** The primary eligibility to attend an interview is always "YOUR ATTITUDE"
* Once you enter the interview panel do not forget to wish them and throw a smile at them.
This makes them comfortable irrespective of previous candidate's performance. And DO NOT ask permission to sit, until they say so. This carries your marks in obedience.
* As soon as you were made to sit, Give your resume and make yourself comfortable in your chair, and get mentally prepared for answering their questions.
* First question will be mostly, " TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF?" (this can be asked in various different forms).
* While answering about yourself, present yourself a bit different from others, like as follows >>,
-> Start with your name as" My name is XXX", not as " I AM XXX"
->Do not go for introducing your academic career such as college, school, etc because they do not fetch much about you.
-> Rather, prefer in introducing your strengths, like "I am a person with **** and *** abilities/qualities" "and like" I like to be as a ***".
->Then follows your interests and hobbies with explanations. YOU should be ready with any real life example that suits your strength.
->If there is still time, present your special skills, along with your family background.
* Now for TR interview, be ready with at least two topics from C-LANGUAGE as it is very imp for your TR round. Do not panic if you are not answering any question, always remember every question cannot be answered by everyone.So, just maintain CONFIDENCE in your eyes and in your every response.
* Even I didn't answer any single question as they have asked me to write the program for few questions. But I have tried my level best in explaining the logic., which even fetches you a lot.
Now comes the HR INTERVIEW,
* As I have already mentioned earlier, YOUR ATTITUDE determines your path of interview.
* Always remember, stick to a particular answer throughout the interview, do not get confused even the interviewer confuses you.
* Smile is the best weapon in HR interview, as it is the only criteria that is been observed by interviewer. He/she troubles you by asking critical questions, but all you need to do is just remain confident for every question you encounter.
ALL THE ABOVE POINTS ARE FOR THE CANDIDATES WHO ARE AMPLE GOOD IN COMMUNICATION SKILLS, IF NOT, DO NOT WORRY, WAIT IS WORTH"
ALL THE BEST.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.