TCS - SIKKIM MANIPAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, October 18-20 2013
My name is NAV PALLAV. Currently, I m pursuing my B-Tech from SIKKIM MANIPAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY in computer science and engineering stream.
Recently TCS came for recruitment in our college. Most of the students of our college got selected.
1. Direct Entry to top five toppers of every department.
2. Those having 75% through in 10th, 12th with cgpa 8.1.
NOTE:Don't always rely on the direct interview criteria (though it's easy to get selected) because it keeps on changing year by year. So, I request all my friends to practice the aptitude really hard.
- Permutations & Combinations.
- Time and distance.
- Time and Work.
- IQ Level Questions.
- Number System.
- Chain Rule.
- Pipe & Cisterns.
These question were not form the level of R.S Aggarwal. I cordially request all my friends to prepare really hard to crack aptitude. If you think that by practice for two or three days will be enough, then you are fooling yourself.
Some of the questions were :
1. In a 3 x 3 grid, comprising 9 tiles can be painted in red or blue. When tile is Rotated by 180 degrees, there is no difference which can be spotted. How many Such possibilities are there?
2. Weight of M, D and I is 74. Sum of D and I is 46 greater than M. I is 60% less Than D. What is D's weight?
3. The marked price of a coat was 40% less than the suggested retail price. Eesha Purchased the coat for half the marked price at the fiftieth anniversary sale. What percentage less than the suggested retail price did Eesha pay?
4. At the end of 1994, are was half as old as his grandmother. The sum of the years in which they were born is 3844. How old are was at the end of 1999?
If you are able to crack the aptitude then every thing depends on your confidence and practical knowledge for your stream, subject of interest and mini project, C, C++. So, I request all my friends specially those who don't have computer background to learn C, C++ etc.
There were two rounds,(1) TI and (2)PI.
My was conducted at the same time.
1. They asked me about myself. (You all can expect this to be your first question).
2. I mentioned my subject of interest as JAVA and Web Designing.
So, they asked me questions form them, like question about JVM and JDK (which is platform independent).
1. What is JVM and JDK?
2. Which of them is platform independent?
3. What is Servlets and JSP (parts of Advance Java)?
4. They asked questions about my websites (that I had created as my subject of interest was WEB DESIGNING)?
5. Life Cycle of Servlets?
6. Difference between JAVA and C, C++. (Students form each department should know these basic questions. )?
7. Questions were from my mini project. Keep yourself updated with the practical knowledge of your project. Like my project was peer to peer network so I gave example of Bit Torrent etc.
8. Any preferred location and can you work late night.
With the help of the proper guidance of my teachers and God's Blessing I was selected.
Remember friends, TCS is big organization. If you respect this organization, (practice hard), They will respect you.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.