TCS Interview Sample Paper (Important)
Paper : TCS Interview Sample Paper (Important)
Their strategy is stress interview..
They delibrately humiliate you.. ask disintresting questions to put you under pressure.. i am not exaggerating.. its true... please be prepared to face questions from any subject that is there in your curriculm.. even accounts and other subjects that are there in your curriculm.. specially tcs people will ask you your area of intrest.. then they start asking questions from subjects.. other than the one you mentioned as your area of intrest.. their argument is that you should be able to answer anything from your first year first sem to last year last sem..
Here is a list of computer science and hr related questions they ask frequently..
1. what is a cursor
2. types of cursors
4. normal forms
5. whis is the best normal form
6. what is an os
7. what exactly os consists of
8. what is the shell u worked on
9. commands in unix
10. what is xml and dhtml
11. Tell about ur self family background weakness and strengths
12. where do u stand in the class
14. case tools
16. importance of accounts in ur curriculm
17. balance sheet entries
18. shares is share an asset
19. function overloading
20. virtual functions
21.explain ip address
22.tools of a network
23. explain gateways, hubs and switches
24. what is os
25. what it does
26. what is dbms
27. similarity between dbms and os
28. differentiate between c nd c++
29. use of ::(scope resolution operator)
30. what kind of projects are suitable for c and c++
31. what is a class? example
32. what have u done to improve ur knowledge outside the curriculam
33. sdlc and stages
34. questions on projects u have done
35. what is testing
36. types of testing
37. funtional point model
38. difference between black box and white box
39. what is quality and various quality certifications
40. what is spiral lifecycle model
41. cohesion and coupling
42. virtual memory concept
43. what is a page fault
44. what is fragmentaion
45. kinds of os
46. cpu sheduling algorithims
47. multitasking vs multiprogramming
48. can we create a table in oracle which is not in first normal form
49. difference between dbms and rdbms
50. sql queries
51. why do we need testing
52. types of indexing
1)Last year pandit was thrice his sister's age. Next year he is only twice her age. After 5 years what is pandit's age.
2) Jalia is twice older than qurban . If jalia was 4 years younger, qurban was 3 years older ther diff. between their ages is 12 years what is the sum of thier ages
3) Fathers age is 5 times his son's age. 4 years back the father was 9 times older than son.Find the fathers' present age.
Ans. 40 years
4)Joe's father will be twice his age 6 years from now. His mother was twice his age 2 years before. If Joe will be 24 two years from now, what is the difference between his father's and mother's age?
1).In a mixture, R is 2 parts, S is 1 part. In aoder to make S to 25% of the mixture, howmuch R is to be added?
1) Gavaskar average in first 50 innings was 50 . after the 51st innings his average was 51 how many runs he made in the 51st innings
2) Hansie made the following amounts in seven games of cricket in India: Rs.10, Rs.15, Rs.21, Rs.12, Rs.18, Rs.19 and Rs.17(all figures in crores of course).Find his average earnings.
Ans. Rs.16 crore
3)Average of 5 number is -10 sum of 3 numbers is 16,what is the average of other two numbers?
4)THREE COMPANIES WORKING INDEPENDENTLY AND GET SAVINGS 10%, 20%, 25%. IF THE COMPANIES WORK JUST OPPOSITE THEN WHAT WILL BE THE NET SAVING?
5)If A, B and C are the mechanisms used separately to reduce the wastage of fuel by 30%, 20% and 10%. What will be the fuel economy if they were used combined.
1) If a man can swim downstream at 6kmph and upstream at 2kmph, his speed in still water is:
1)A car is filled with four and half gallons of oil for full round trip. Fuel is taken 1/4 gallon more in going than coming. What is the fuel consumed in coming up?
Sol Before the trip, car is filled with = 4 ? gallon of oil
Let ?X? be the quantity of fuel consumed for the trip in one direction
The fuel consumed while going = X + ?
The fuel consumed while coming = X
Therefore, the fuel consumed for the trip = (X + ?) + X = 4 ?
? 2X + ? = 4 ? => 2X = 4 ? - ? => 2X = 4 ? => X= 2 gallons approx
1)A can copy 50 papers in 10 hours while both A & B can copy 70 papers in 10 hours. Then for how many hours required for B to copy 26 papers?
1) in 8*8 chess board what is the total number of squares refer odel
1)THERE IS A WORD 'PERLMENTASITION'.. IF 1ST AND 2ND ,3RD & 4TH WORDS ARE CHANGED AND SO ON, THEN FIND THE 14TH LETTER FROM RIGHT AFTER CHANGE.
2)If TAFJHH is coded as RBEKGI then RBDJK can be coded as ---------
3)a series of letters are given how many Ws r followed by F and preceded by T. 12.SURFW Code is translated as SHEET?..these kinda ques r there?..
4)Code Interchanging, A word is given?. Letters are reversed..u r asked to find the nth letter from right or left?.
5) BFGE CODED AS CEHD THEN CODE PVHDJ
6) FIND THE NO. OF Y FOLLOWED BY W BUT THAT IS NOT FOLLOWED BY Z.
Y W R U D D Y W Z ...............
7) If VXUPLVH is written as SURMISE, what is SHDVD ?
Ans. PEASA (hint: in the first word, the alphabets of the jumbled one is three alphabets after the corresponding alphabet in the word SURMISE. S = V-3, similarly find the one for SHDVD)
8) If DDMUQZM is coded as CENTRAL then RBDJK can be coded as -----
Ans. QCEIL (hint: Write both the jumbled and the coded word as a table, find the relation between the corresponding words, i.e C= D-1, N=M+1 & so on
9) In the word ECONOMETRICS, if the first and second , third and forth,forth and fifth, fifth and sixth words are interchanged up to the last letter, what would be the tenth letter from right?
Ans. word is CENOMOTEIRSC tenth word is R
10)If D_MUQZM is coded as CENTRAL then RBDJK can be coded as
11)In a certain format TUBUJPO is coded as STATION. The code of which string is FILTER?
12) What is the code formed by reversing the First and second letters, the third and fourth letters and son on of the string SIMULTANEOUSLY?
13) In the word ORGANISATIONAL, if the first and second, third and forth, forth and fifth, fifth and sixth words are interchanged up to the last letter, what would be the tenth letter from right?
1)A power unit is there by the bank of the river of 750 meters width. A cable is made from power unit to power a plant opposite to that of the river and 1500mts away from the power unit. The cost of the cable below water is Rs. 15/- per meter and cost of cable on the bank is Rs.12/- per meter. Find the total of laying the cable.
Ans 1000 (24725 - cost) 20250
Ans. Rs. 22,500 (hint: the plant is on the other side of the plant i.e. it is not on the same side as the river)
2) The cost of one pencil, two pens and four erasers is Rs.22 while the cost of five pencils, four pens and two erasers is Rs.32.How much will three pencils, three pens and three erasers cost?
3)2 oranges,3 bananas and 4 apples cost Rs.15 . 3 ornages 2 bananas 1 apple costs Rs 10. what is the cost of 3 oranges, 3 bananas and 3 apples
ANs Rs 15.
4) A shopkeeper bought a watch for Rs.400 and sold it for Rs.500.What is his profit percentage?
5) What percent of 60 is 12?
6)Three men goes to a hotel to stay ,the clerk says $30 per room/day so all the three plans to stay in one room so each pays $10.After some time the clerk realises that he made a mistake of collecting $30 but the room cost only $25,there fore he decides to return $5 to them so he calls the roomboy and gives him $5 asking him to return.The roomboy keeps $2 with him and he returns only $3($1 for each).Now Totally all have paid $9 each($27)+rommboy $2 which is equal to $27.where did $1 go,who has made the mistake?
7) two pencils cost 8 cents. then 5 pencils cost?
8)A box of 150 packets consists of 1kg packets and 2kg packets. Total weight of box is 264kg. How many 2kg packets are there
9)Which is more economical of the following
a)2kg -- 30/-
b)8kg -- 160/-
c)5kg -- 80/-
10)Satish earns 240 weekly.12% of big amount + earning weekly = 540 what is the big amount
11) Bhanu spends 30% of his income on petrol on scooter. ? of the remaining on house rent and the balance on food. If he spends Rs.300 on petrol then what is the expenditure on house rent?
12) A sporting goods store ordered an equal number of white and yellow balls. The tennis ball company delivered 45 extra white balls, making the ratio of white balls to yellow balls 1/5 : 1/6. How many white tennis balls did the store originally order for?
d)None of these
13) There is a circular pizza with negligible thickness that is cut into 'x' pieces by 4 straight line cuts. What is the maximum and minimum value of 'x' respectively?
14) The total expense of a boarding house are partly fixed and partly variable with the number of boarders. The charge is Rs.70 per head when there are 25 boarders and Rs.60 when there are 50 boarders. Find the charge per head when there are 100 boarders.
1) In 80 coins one coin is counterfiet what is minimum number of weighings to find out counterfiet coin
1) Vertices edges and surfaces of a cube
1)STUDY THE NATURE OF THE CURVES Y==LOGX, XY==C etc
2)curve was given & in option equation was given , you have to mark the correct equation (curve and equation was of general logx,ex ,sinx,cosx,tanx,x curves)
3)values of x &f(x) was given (like x=1000&f(x)=3) and equations was given
4)WHICH SHAPE WILL BE OBTAINED BY USING THESE VALUES OF X,Y
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.