TCS Campus Placement Paper SJCE, Mysore July 2008
Paper : TCS Campus Placement Paper SJCE, Mysore July 2008
Type : Fresher
Hi friends,I am From SJCE, Mysore. TCS had come to our campus on 11th of July. There was a PPT before the online test. Among 450 who attended the online test, 276 were short listed and I am one among them.Finallly 150 members became a part of the TCS family and I am proud to say that I m one among them.
The online test consisted of 3 sections:
2. Quantitative aptitude
3. Critical resoning
1) There will be : 10 synonyms 10 antonyms 1 sentence completion 1 paragraph For this part refer GRE Barron 12th or 13th edition. (model test papers and Comprehension reading part).
*For sentence completion, the paragraph was given from the comprehension reading part of GRE Barron.
2) For quantitative aptitude go through the previos year question papers.It is more than enoug.
3) The questions which I got in critical reasoning part are as follows: (I) Ashland is north of East Liverpool and west of Coshocton Bowling Green is north of Ashland and west of Fredricktown Dover is south and east of Ashland East Liverpool is north of Fredricktown and east of Dover Fredricktown is north of Dover and west of Ashland Coshocton is south of Fredricktown and west of Dover.
1. Which of the towns mentioned is furtherest to the northwest?
(B) Bowling Green
(D) East Liverpool
2. Which of the following must be both north and east of Fredricktown
III. East Liverpool
(A) I only (B) II only (C) III only (D) I and II (E) I and III
3. Which of the following towns must be situated both south and west of at least one other town?
(A) Ashland only
(B) Ashland and Fredricktown
(C) Dover and Fredricktown
(D) Dover, Coshocton and Fredricktown
(E) Coshocton, Dover and East Liverpool.
4.Which of the following statements, if true, would make the information in the numbered statements more specific?
(A) Coshocton is north of Dover
(B) East Liverpool is north of Denver
(C) Ashland is east of Bowling Green
(D) Coshocton is east of Fredricktown
(E) Bowling Green is north of Fredricktown.
(II) (2) Mr. Pesth, foreman for Buda Construction company is hiring 5 persons to do plumbing and wiring on a site. He must have a minimum of 2 electricians.
9 persons are sent by the union hiring hall: Mike, Nick and Olive are electricians, while Rich, Steve, Tom, Ulysses, Vic and Wassily are plumbers. Pesth is unwilling to hire Ulysses and Vic together, because he knows from past experience that they fight all the time. Steve and Tom are buddies and will only work together. Olive won?t work with Rich.
1. If Mike, Nick and Olive are hired, the team of plumbers can consist of
(A) Steve and Tom only (B) Steve and Tom or Ulysses and Vic together. (C) Ulysses and Wassily or Vic and Wassily (D) Steve and Tom or Ulysses and Wassily or Vic and Wassily (E) Steve and Tom and either Ulysses, Vic or Wassily
2. Pesth has the greatest number of choices for hiring as plumbers if the electricians he chooses are (A) Mike, Nick and Olive (B) Mike and Nick (C) Mike and Olive (D) Nick and Olive (E) Either Mike or Nick plus Olive
3. If Rich is hired, the other persons hired must be: (A) Mike, Nick, Steve and Tom (B) Mike , Nick, Olive and either Ulysses, Vic or Wassily (C) Mike and Nick, together with either Steve and Tom or Ulysses and Vic or Vic and Wassily (D) Mike and Nick, together with either Ulysses and Vic or Vic and Wassily. (E) Mike and Nick, together with either Steve and Tom, Ulysses and Wassily, or Vic and Wassily.
4. Which of the following statements is true? I. If only 2 electricians are hired, the plumbers must include Steve and Tom II. If Olive is not hired, Rich must be hired. III. If either Mike or Nick is not hired, Steve and Tom must be hired.
(A) I only (B) II only (C) III only (D) I and III only (E) II and III only (III) I exactly dont remember the 3rd question.
There were 9 series given,like:
a) 9,16,25,36,49,64,x b) 3,9,27,4,16,64,5,25,x Like this there were 9 series. Find the valus of "x" in each seies.And the Q's were like this:
1) In which series the ?x? is got as the power of 3?
2) In which of these series has to consider 3 numbers to get the succeeding no. of the series?
There were 4 questions like this [all were multiple choice Q?s only..:) ] -------------------------------------------------------
On next day the interview was held,i.e, on 12th.
There were 3 rounds:
1.Technical Round Be thorough with the basics of your branch in B.E. As I m from Biotech I was asked about Bioinformatics. And also it is very important to have the atleast knowledge of computer and programing language "C".
2. Management Round In this round I was asked to tell about myself, Why I want to join TCS nd like this ..... The panel was so cool. 3.HR If u r called for HR means u r selected. All they see is your communocation skills. Thats it...... Try to know something about the company so that u can ask Q's in HR or MR round. Hope u got some valuable information which would help u to be part of TCS family & experience the Certainity..... All the very best!
No of Rounds : Screeing Test
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.