PAPER : SUTHERLAND PLACEMENT PAPER (TECHNICAL SCREENING ASSESSMENT)
1) How many devices can work on a single IDE channel?
2) ISDN uses --- technology
a. only digital
b. digital and analog
c. only analog
d. neither digital nor analog
3) If a computer's BIOS allow, you can boot from a CD-ROM
4) CD-ROMs typically hold --- of data
5) Firmware refers to what component?
a. hard drives
b. floppy drives
6) Your CD-ROM audio cable connects to the:
b. sound card
c. hard drive
7) Conventional memory is the first ---k?
8) What is the easiest way to make a bootable floppy disk?
a. buy one
b. using the sys c:a:/bootup command
c. start/settings/control panel/system/make start up disk
9) scan disk checks and fixes ---
a. tape drives
b. hard drives
c. CD ROM drives
d. DVD ROM drives
10) A user complains that when opening email attachments, the attachments disappear or cause an application error. What could cause this problem?
a. a possible virus
b. an incorrect setting in config.sys
c. autoexec.bat loading improperly
d. an incorrectly installed e-mail program
11) What is the purpose of a driver?
a. tells the OS how to interact with the device
b. improves the performance of installed devices by optimizing access patterns
c. provides more useful memory by moving device control data to extended memory
d. modifies application programs to work correctly with devices attached to a system
12) your modern will not detect a dial tone. What is the most two likely cause?
a. phone line may be defective
b. modem is set for tone dial
c. the ISP is down
d. the modem is set to disable call waiting
13) which of the following is the newest type of connector for a printer interface?
14) On a system with one hard drive and one CD-ROM what is the typical placement of the CD-ROM drive?
a. Slave drive on the primary IDE channel
b. Master drive on the primary IDE channel
c. Slave drive on the secondary IDE channel
d. Master drive on the secondary IDE channel
15)which device connects to a parallel port?