Sonata Software Interview Experience- Hyderabad, December 4, 2014.
It was actually a pool drive exclusively for women happening for GNITS and GPREC.
The screening test was conducted on December 4th. The test had 4 sections, containing the topics as below.
>Synonyms & antonyms.
>Paragraph based questions.
>Alphabet and number series.
>Time and distance, Relative speed.
>time and work.
>Profit and loss, Discount.
>Permutations and combinations.
About only 200-300 (both the colleges combined) must have appeared for the test since it happened during vacation. 74 students were shortlisted for the two rounds (TR, HR) of interviews scheduled on 5th dec.
I was called in for the first round. The lady took my resume and scanned carefully from beginning to end. Then she asked:
* Tell me about yourself. I told. In response to one of my hobbies she asked what was the recent book u have read and she even asked me to explain briefly the whole story. I did.
* Then she asked me what are were your 4-1 subjects. (Gave her the list of subjects among which Management Science was one);
* What did you learn from Management Science and why do you like it?
* What are the three oop principles?
* How can you implement multiple inheritance. (By using Interface)
* Implement various aspects of college as interfaces. (I wrote some pseudo code and explained her)
* Explain your mini project. What were the difficulties faced? (I told lack of time was the difficulty as we had to attend other drives as well.)
* How many interviews did you face and how many you got? (faced 3 and got in 3)
* Then why are you attending this when you are already placed? (told 2 points that I heard in the Pre placement talk).
She asked if I wanted to ask anything. I asked y women specific drive? (She explained).
After a while I was called in for HR.
This was kind of rapid fire.
* Tell me 2 things that best describe u. (positive attitude and to give up till i succeed)
* Give a situation to support this. (Explained)
* Why did you join in GNITS? (Explained)
* Why are you attending Sonata when you are already placed(Infosys, Accenture, Tech Mahindra)?
* Honestly tell me which company would you choose if you get in Sonata as well.
I replied honestly, that I'd choose Infosys and also explained him the reason.
* Would you like to ask any questions?
I asked him for how long has he been with Sonata. (He explained)
Well that was the end.
Results were out on Monday Dec 8th and I was selected. Totally 39 got selected (30 from GNITS and 9 from GPREC ).
I got selected though I told I'd choose Infosys. He was only testing my honesty. :D.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.