I was referred to dell perot system from a consultancy recently. I have 2 years experience in technical field and I would like to share my experience here.
The interview at Dell will always be held after 4pm this is one thing I've been noticing with dell from the day I got into professional life.
1) I reached the spot on time (White field near ITPL) the campus is amazing but the security guard was asking me lot of questions before sending me inside. Its only after brief verification I was allowed inside the campus.
2) There was one more brief security check to see if I am carrying a laptop, pendrive and any such device and I had to submit my pendrive.
3) I got inside and sat at the reception. There were only two candidates waiting including me. It was a nice place to sit and relax untill the HR lady came and spoke to us.
4) Its a huge and independent campus and she took us for a long walk and reached a cabin. She gave us a paper which had few question to write an essay as I could recall the following topic were there out of which we can opt any one of the them and write an about 200 words..
a) One lession I learnt in my life out of my experience ( One I opted)
b) What is your opinion about smoking in public areas
c) Dress code in corporate world
there were few more
Be careful when you write something here. Do not talk (write ) anything negative. Unexpectedly the guy who took my ops round read everything.
5) Apart from this there was a scenario to write an email
You are from IT help desk and reply the customer mail
6) It hardly took 10 minutes for me to complete this essay and email writing. A guy walked in withing 20 minutes and introduced himself and asked me to get inside the cabin
7) After getting inside a large cabin along with one more guy they started introduing themselves. The guy who took me inside called himself as a trainer and other guy was a team manager with a laptop in his hand where in he used to capture everything.
The actual battle began here.......
As usual they asked me take them through my profile which I did. Both them started asking too many questions. Unexpectedly they did not ask any technical question like the lady from consultancy said..
Here are the question I had to answer them....
a) Explain me about switch ( They started getting deep into this I failed to explain them more)
b) Why did you quit your previous company ( I said my process is downsizing )
The manager started arguing saying I DO NOT Belive if you say that your company did not give any option to you while the process was downsizing. He argued so much that as if he is testing my patience.
c) What was your job role there and where did you stand in terms of performance.
I said I was a good perform again he started asking inspite that the company did not give you any option.
d) They started asking about the educational gap.
e) They started asking why there was little bit of gap after I came out of college
f) All of a sudden he asked to prononce the words "Probably" and "Whistle" writing it on a paper.
g) They read the complete essay and email what I wrote and he started asking questions on it.
All the best!