PAPER: PATNI CAMPUS PLACEMENT PAPER (APTITUDE)
1. An aircraft is flying at a height of 3000m from the ground at an average speed of 400 km/hr while descending. It has to travel 5 kms before it can touch down the runway and start operating its break system. It will take less than 10 seconds to reach the touch down point. How far it is from the touch down point if it had been on they ground.
a)5 kms b)4 kms c)3 kms d)none of these
2. water is continuously poured from a reservoir to a locality at the steady rate of 10,000 liters per hour. When delivery exceeds demand the excess water is stored in a tank. If the demand for 8 consecutive three-hour periods is 10000,10000,45000,25000,40000,15000,60000 and 35000 liters respectively, what will be the minimum capacity required of the water tank (in 1000 litres) to meet the demand?
a)10 b)30 c)40 d)50
3. Jhaveri invested in Upendra&Upendra,Celco and Winger shares at Rs. 300,Rs.200 and Rs.5 per share respectively. He bought 100 shares for Rs.1000.The number of Upendra&Upendra and Celco shares he bought are respectively
a)23.17 b)17,23 c)17,60 d)15,25
4. a certain organization has three committees. only two persons are members of all committees, but every pair of committees have three members in common. what is the least possible no of member of members on any one committee?
a)4 b)5 c)6 d) none of these.
5. one bottle is half-full of oil and another bottle with twice the capacity is one quarter full of oil. if water is added so that both the bottles are full and the contents of both are then poured into a third bottle that is empty and large enough to hold the contents of both, what fractions of the contents in the third bottle is oil?
a)1/4 b)1/3 c)3/8 d)2/3
6. don and his wife each receive an 8 percent annual raise. if don receives a raise rs.800 and his wife receives a raise of rs. 840, what is the difference between their annual income after their raises?
a)40 b)460 c)500 d)540
7. if x+y+z=9 and both y and z are positive integers greater than zero, then the maximum value x can take is?
a.7 b.3 c.8 d. data insufficient
8. if 5 tomatoes are worth 8 oranges,5 oranges are worth 4 apples, 7 apples are worth 3 pineapples and 7 pineapples cost rs.203,then he approx price of each tomato is
a.16 b.5 c.19 d. none of theses
9. in the relation x>y+z,x+y>p and z necessarily true?
a. y>p b .x+y>z c. y+p>x d .insufficient data
10. if x,y,z are three +ve integers such that x is greater than y and y is greater than z then which of the following is definitely true?
a. x% of y is greater than y% of z
b. y% of x is greater than z% of y
c. z% of x is greater than y% of z
d. all of these(ans)
11. amar,akbar, antony eat lunch at the same restaurant everyday.if amar orders a dosa,then akbar also orders adosa.either akbar or antony always orders a dosa,but never at the same lunch.either amar or antony or both order a dosa.if antony ordes a dosa ,then amar also orders a dosa.youy can conclude that:
a. amar, akbar, antony always order adosa.
b. amar and antony sometimes order a dosa,akbar never does.
c. amar and akbar always order a dosa, antony never does.(ANS)
d. amar and antony always order adosa,akbar never does.
12.ramesh,ram,kareem and Mohan collected coins of different countries. they collected 100 together. none collected less than 10.each collected an even number. each collected a different number. based on these, we can say that the number of coins collected by the boy who collected the most could not have exceeded
a.54 b.64(ans) c.58 d.60
13. let p,q,r and s be four statements such that:
if p is true, then q is true;
if q is true,then r is true and
if s is true,then at least one of q and r is false.
then it follows that:
a. if p is true then s is false.(ans)
b. if s is falsae both q and r are true.
c. if at least one of q and r is false then s is false.
d. if q is true then s is true.
14.players a to z play a league match in which every player plays a match against every other player. a win earns 2 points, a draw 1 point and loss 0 points. there were no draws, and no two players had the same total points. the rank list of the players happens to be the alphabetical list itself. which of the following statement is
a. n wins over m b . m wins over n(ans)
c. m did not play against n d.none
15.an article costing rs.160 is sold at 15% discount on a mark-up price.what is the selling price after discount?
a.170(ans) b.200 c.150 d.220