Here is the question pattern for PCS
There are four rounds of test.
Two written test(aptitude & tech in (eithr of c or c++ or java or cobol or ASP or VB or oracle PL/SQL)) and two round of interviews(tech & HR)
I have appeared tech test as PL/SQL. Here i m sending sequential answers of the aptitude test. This test is for 1 hour with 40 questions.
The answers from 1 to 40 are respectively
1. An aircraft is flying at a height of 3000m from the ground at an average speed of 400 km/hr while descending.It has to travel 5 kms before it can touch down the runway and start operating its break system.It will take less than 10 seconds to reach the touch down point. How far it is from the touch down point if it had been on thye ground.
a)5 kms b)4 kms c)3 kms d)none of these
2. water is continuously poured from a reservoir to a locality at the steady rate of 10,000 litres per hour.When delevery exceeds demand the excess water is stored in a tank.If the demand for 8 consecutive three-hour periods is
10000,10000,45000,25000,40000,15000,60000 and 35000 litres respectively, what will be the minimum capacity required of the water tank(in 1000 litres)to meet the demand?
a)10 b)30 c)40 d)50
3. Jhaveri invested in Upendra&Upendra,Celco and Winger shares at Rs. 300,Rs.200 and Rs.5 per share respectively.He bought 100 shares for Rs.1000.The number of Upendra&Upendra and Celco shares he bought are respectively
a)23.17 b)17,23 c)17,60 d)15,25
4. a certain organization has three committees.only two persons are members of all committees,but every pair of committees have three members in common.what is the least possible no of member of members on any one committee?
a)4 b)5 c)6 d)none of these.
5. one bottle is half-full of oil and another bottle with twice the capacity is one quarter full of oil.if water is added so that both the bottles are full and the contents of both are then poured into athird bottle that is empty and large enough to hold the contents of both,what fractions of the contents in the third
bottle is oil?
a)1/4 b)1/3 c)3/8 d)2/3
6. don and his wife each receive an 8 percent annual raise.if don receives a raise rs.800 and his wife receives a raise of rs. 840, what is the differencer between their annual income after their raises?
a)40 b)460 c)500 d)540
7. if x+y+z=9 and both y and z are positive integers greater than zero,then the mzx value x can take is?
a.7 b.3 c.8 d.data insufficient
8. if 5 tomatoes are worth 8 oranges,5 oranges are worth 4 apples, 7 apples are worth 3 pineapples and 7 pineapples cost rs.203,then the approx price of each tomato is
a.16 b.5 c.19 d.none of theses
9. in the relation x>y+z,x+y>p and z<p which of the following is necessarily true?
a.y>p b.x+y>z c.y+p>x d.insufficient data
10. if x,y,z are three +ve integers such that x is greater tahn y and y is greater tahn z,then which of the following is definitely true?
a.x% of y is greater than y% of z
b.y% of x is greater than z% of y
c.z% of x is greater than y% of z
d.all of these(ans)
11. amar,akbar,antony eat lunch at the same restaurant everyday.if amar orders a dosa,then akbar also orders adosa.either akbar or antony always orders a dosa,but never at the same lunch.either amar or antony or both order a dosa.if antony ordes a dosa ,then amar also orders a dosa.youy can conclude that:
a.amar, akbar,antony always order adosa.
b.amar and antony sometimes order a dosa,akbar never does.
c.amar and akbar always order a dosa,antony never does.(ANS)
d.amar and antony always order adosa,akbar never does.
12.ramesh,ram,kareem and mohan collected coins of different countries.they collected 100 together.none collected less than 10.each collected an even number.each collected a different number.based on these,we can say that the number of coins collected by the boy who collected the most could not have
a.54 b.64(ans) c.58 d.60
13. let p,q,r and s be four statementssuch that:
if p is true, then q is true;
if q is true,then r is true and
if s is true,then at least one of q and r is false.
then it follows that:
a. if p is true then s is false.(ans)
b. if s is falsae both q and r are true.
c. if at least one of q and r is false then s is false.
d. if q is true then s is true.
14.players a to z play a league match in which every player plays a match against every other player. a win earns 2 points,a draw 1 point and loss 0 points.there were no draws,and no two players had the same total points.the rank list of the players happens to be the alphabetical list itself.which of the following statement is true?
a.n wins over m b.m wins over n(ans)
c. m did not play against n d.none
15.an article costing rs.160 is sold at 15% discount on a mark-up price.what is the selling price after discount?
a.170(ans) b.200 c.150 d.220
16. if jacob sold a watch costing rs.400 to john at 15% profit and john sold the same to sudhir at 15% profit,what is the price paid by sudhir?
a.460 b.510 c.529(ans) d.560
17.in a shop 80% of the articles are sold at a profit of 10% and the remaining at a loss of 40%.what is the overall profit/loss?
a.10% profit b.10% loss c.15% profit d.no profit,no loss(ans)
18. if an article with marked price of rs.400 is sold at successive discount of 10%,25% and 15%,what is the price the customer has to pay?
a.360 b.300 c.230(ans) d.270
19.the sides of a triangle are in the ratio 3:5:7.if the pereimeter is 60 cms,the longest side is
a.7 b.30 c.28(ans) d.14
20. an article with cost price of 180 is sold at 15% profit.what is the selling price?
a.198 b.200 c.204 d.207(ans)
21. what part of x*x is power(x,2/3)?
a.60% b.66.7% c.69% d.can't say(ans)
22. 15% of 75 is the same as vx% of 450.find x.
a.1 b.2.5(ans) c.3 d.5
23. if the selling price of an object is rs.2300 and the profit percent is 15,what is the cost price?
a.1995(ans) b.1945 c.2000 d.2645
24.70% of x is greater than 1/3rd of x by 110.what is x?
a.100 b.200 c.300 d.350(ans)
25.the age of a and b are in the ratio 4:5 and of b and c in the ratio 3:2.the youngedt of three is
a.a b.b c.c(ans) d.can't say
26. a man buys postage stamps of denomination of 30ps. and 50 ps. for rs.10.00. he buys 22 stamps in all. find the no of 30ps. stamps bought by him.
a.5(ans) b.6 c.17 d.8
27.the ages of a and b are in the ratio 9:4. after 7 years the ratio of their aghes will be 5:3.find b's present age.
a.18 b.8(ans) c.7 d.16
28. if 28 is divided into two parts such that one fourth of the greater part is equal to one third of the lesser part,then the greater part is
a.16(ans) b.18 c.20 d.24
29.a man and a woman, walking together start out by boyh taking a step with the left foot.in order to keep together, the man whose stride is longer,takes two steps while the woman takes three.how many steps will the woman have taken they are both about to step out on the right foot for the first time together?
30. for communicating with its satellite,NASA has only two coides is equal to 2 and<= is equal to 3.whenever the two symbols appear together the value is taken as sum of each symbol.for example <=<=*** is equal to 3+3+2+2+2=12.which of the following is equal to <=<=<=** minus <**?
a.<=* b.<=** c.<=**** d.<=<=(ans)
31. if i sell two articles, one at 20% profit for rs.100 and the other at 20% loss for rs.100, what is my net profit/loss?
a.4.16 profit b.4.16 loss c.8.33 profit d.8.33 loss(ans)
32. if 85% of the population of an ant colony is red, and of these 45% are females,then what % of the total ant population are male red ants?
a.46.75(ans) b.40 c.33.66 d.66.66
33. what is the cost price of an article sold at rs.199 after two successive discount of 10% and 15%?
a.260(ans) b.200 c.234 d.220
34. if A and B can do a piece of work in 10 days and A alone can do it in 15 days,how long will B take to do it?
a.25 b.20 c.15 d.30
35. if 12 men working 2 hours a day take 10 days to complete a job, how long will 8 men working 6 hours a day take to do the same work?
a.5(ans) b.8 c.12 d.3
36.a mixture contains spirit and water in the ratio 5:1. another mixture contains spirit and water in the ratio 2:1.what is the ratio in which two mixtures are added to get the mixure in the ratio 5:2
a.5:2 b.2:5(ans) c.2:7 d.3:2
37.x:y=7:11, y:z=1:7.what is the least possible integral values of x given that z is 11x.
a.3(ans) b.9 c.7 d.10
38. pqrs is a rectangle having area 50. rx=1/4sr.what is the area of pqxs?
a.37.5 b.42.5 c.12 d.3
40.what is the area of a circle having the same perimeter as that of a square whose area is 121.
the followqing questions are not in order as the original.but the
aptitude test is in the same order.
Some of the PL/SQL questions i have remembered are below
There are 50 questions in 40 minutes. first 25 are multiple and
another 25 are true or false.
1)A package without body is possible.(T/F)ans:T
2)Subprograms have equal scope as variables.(T/F)
3)Can a cursor be closed for two times(T/F)ans:F
4)Transaction function can be used in trigger(T/F)ans:F
5)DDL can be used in trigger(T/F)ans:T
6)A trigger name can have the same name as that of its base table name(T/F)ans:T
7)In a PL/SQL block a variable and a table name both are same then which will get highest precedence.
8)Is PL/SQL reserved words can be used in SQL
Ans:It can be used with quotation.
9)How to write a single quote in SQL
i)"" ii)''' iii)''
10)Can a labeled go to statement goto the inner loop(T/F)ans:F
11)Which are the mandatory parts of PL/SQL procedure.
12)SQL%ISOPEN for implicit cursor is always evaluateto false(T/F)ans:T
13)Any variable not declared in the declare part assigns value
14)For cursor %NOTFOUND and for PL/SQL
NO_DATA_FOUND(exception)gives the same result.(T/F)ans:T
15)If exception occured in the exception then it will
i)raise in the same block
ii)raise in the outer block
iii)not raise in the same block
16)PMON command is used for__________
17)Select * from emp where emp_no=1;
If exist then dbms_output_putline(".....")
what will be the output choices are there
18)If for Update lock is absent then will there any error in the
select * from emp
choices are there.ans is there will no error
19)Can a inbuilt exception be redifined by a user(T/F)ans:F
insert into table(value) values(var);
for var in reverse 4..6
insert into table(value) values(var);
insert into table(value) values(var);
21)can a function overloaded differed by
i)the no of parameters and its type only
ii)their return type
22)Raise_application_error is used for..
23)In SQL SGA area the parser tree and exceptions are stored which
are used for multiple applications(T/F)ans:F
25)exceptions are executed at
26)When a subprocedure will be declared within a procedure?
i)at the end of the declaration
27)Record1 and record2 are declared.each record has two fields with same datatypes.
a)only i is legal
b)only ii and iii are legal
c)all are legal
d)none is legal
28)Trigger syntax declaration without the option for each row is legal(T/F)ans:T
29)Tablespace contains physical data(T/F)ans:T
30)Rowid is a pseudo column of every oracle table(T/F)
31)Lpad and Rpad have default pad character is space(T/F)
32)when %ROWCOUNT is 0 what will happen
i)NO_DAT_FOUND exception will raise
ii)%FOUND will be false