ORACLE PLACEMENT PAPER (TECHNICAL- ASP & DATABASE)
PAPER: ORACLE PLACEMENT PAPER (TECHNICAL- ASP & DATABASE)
1. What are the difference between lov & list item?
ANS:-Lov is a property where as list item ias an item. A list item can have only one column, lov can have one or more columns.
2. What are the different display styles of list items?
ANS:-Pop_list, Text_list, Combo box
3. What is pop list?
ANS:- The pop list style list item appears initially as a single field (similar to a text item field). When the operator selects the list icon, a list of available choices appears.
4. What is a text list?
ANS:- The text list style list item appears as a rectangular box which displays the fixed number of values. When the text list contains values that can not be displayed, a vertical scroll bar appears, allowing the operator to view and select undisplayed values.
5. What is a combo box?
ANS:- A combo box style list item combines the features found in list and text item. Unlike the pop list or the text list style list items, the combo box style list item will both display fixed values and accept one operator entered value.
6. What are display items?
ANS:-Display items are similar to text items with the exception that display items only store and display fetched or assigned values. Display items are generally used as boilerplate or conditional text.
7. What is difference between open_form and call_form?
ANS:-when one form invokes another form by executing open_form the first form remains displayed,and operators can navigate between the forms as desired. when one form invokes another form by executing call_form,the called form is modal with respect to the calling form. That is, any windows that belong to the calling form are disabled, and operators cannot navigate to them until they first exit the called form.
8. What is new_form built-in?
ANS:-When one form invokes another form by executing new_form oracle form exits the first form and releases its memory before loading the new form calling new form completely replace the first with the second. If there are changes pending in the first form, the operator will be prompted to save them before the new form is loaded.
9. What is a library?
ANS:- A library is a collection of subprograms including user named procedures, functions and packages.
10.. What is the advantage of the library?
ANS:-Library's provide a convenient means of storing client-side program units and sharing them among multipule applications. Once you create a library, you can attach it to any other form,menu,or library modules. When you can call library program units from triggers menu items commands and user named routine, you write in the modules to which you have attach the library. when a library attaches another library ,program units in the first library can reference program units in the attached library. Library support dynamic loading-that is library program units are loaded into an application only when needed. This can significantly reduce the run-time memory requirements of an applications.
11. What is strip sources generate options?
ANS:-Removes the source code from the library file and generates a library files that contains only pcode.The resulting file can be used for final deployment, but can not be subsequently edited in the designer.
ex. f45gen module=old_lib.pll userid=scott/tiger
strip_source YES output_file
12.What are the vbx controls?
ANS:-Vbx control provide a simple method of building and enhancing user interfaces. The controls can use to obtain user inputs and display program outputs.vbx control where originally develop as extensions for the ms visual basic environments and include such items as sliders, rides and knobs.
13. What is a timer?
ANS:-Timer is a "internal time clock" that you can programmatically create to perform an action each time the timer expires.
14. What are built-ins associated with timers?
ANS:-find_timer, create_timer, delete_timer
15. what are difference between post database commit and post-form commit?
ANS:- Post-form commit fires once during the post and commit transactions process, after the database commit occures. The post-form-commit trigger fires after inserts,updates and deletes have been posted to the database but before the transactions have been finalized in the issuing the command. The post-database-commit trigger fires after oracle forms issues the commit to finalized transactions.
16. What is a difference between pre-select and pre-query?
ANS:-Fires during the execute query and count query processing after oracle forms constructs the select statement to be issued, but before the statement is actually issued. The pre-query trigger fires just before oracle forms issues the select statement to the database after the operator as define the example records by entering the query criteria in enter query mode. Pre-query trigger fires before pre-select trigger.
17. What is trigger associated with the timer? When-timer-expired.?
18. What is the use of transactional triggers?
ANS:-Using transactional triggers we can control or modify the default functionality of the oracle forms.
1. What are the different file extensions that are created by oracle reports?
ANS:- Rep file and Rdf file.
2. From which designation is it preferred to send the output to the printed?
3. Is it possible to disable the parameter from while running the report?
4. What is lexical reference? How can it be created?
ANS:- Lexical reference is place_holder for text that can be embedded in a sql statements. A lexical reference can be created using & before the column or
5. What is bind reference and how can it create?
ANS:-Bind reference are used to replace the single value in sql,pl/sql statements a bind reference can be careated using a (:) before a column or a parameter name.
6.What use of command line parameter cmd file?
ANS:- It is a command line argument that allows you to specify a file that contain a set of arguments for r20run.
7.Where is a procedure return in an external pl/sql library executed at the client or at the server?
ANS:- At the client.
8. Where is the external query executed at the client or the server?
ANS:- At the server.
9. What are the default parameter that appear at run time in the parameter screen?
ANS:- Destype and Desname.
10. Which parameter can be used to set read level consistency across multiple queries?
ANS:- Read only.
11. What is term?
ANS:-The term is terminal definition file that describes the terminal form which you are using r20run.
12. What is use of term?
ANS:- The term file which key is correspond to which oracle report functions.
13. Is it possible to insert comments into sql statements return in the data model editor?
14. If the maximum record retrieved property of the query is set to 10 then a summary value will be calculated?
ANS:- Only for 10 records.
15. What are the sql clauses supported in the link property sheet?
ANS:- Where start with having.
16. To execute row from being displayed that still use column in the row which property can be used?
ANS:- Format trigger.
17. Is it possible to set a filter condition in a cross product group in matrix reports?
18. If a break order is set on a column would it effect columns which are under the column?
19. With which function of summary item is the compute at options required?
ANS:- percentage of total functions.
20. What is the purpose of the product order option in the column property sheet?
ANS:- To specify the order of individual group evaluation in a cross products.
21. Can a formula column be obtained through a select statement?
22.Can a formula column referred to columns in higher group?
23. How can a break order be created on a column in an existing group?
ANS:- By dragging the column outside the group.
24. What are the types of calculated columns available?
ANS:- Summary, Formula, Placeholder column.
25. What is the use of place holder column?
ANS:- A placeholder column is used to hold a calculated values at a specified place rather than allowing is to appear in the actual row where it has to appeared.
26. What is the use of hidden column?
ANS:- A hidden column is used to when a column has to embedded into boilerplate text.
27. What is the use of break group?
ANS:- A break group is used to display one record for one group ones. While multiple related records in other group can be displayed.
28. If two groups are not linked in the data model editor, What is the hierarchy between them?
ANS:- Two group that is above are the left most rank higher than the group that is to right or below it.
29.The join defined by the default data link is an outer join yes or no?
30. How can a text file be attached to a report while creating in the report writer?
ANS:- By using the link file property in the layout boiler plate property sheet.
31. Can a repeating frame be created without a data group as a base?
32. Can a field be used in a report without it appearing in any data group?
33. For a field in a repeating frame, can the source come from the column which does not exist in the data group which forms the base for the frame?
34. Is it possible to center an object horizontally in a repeating frame that has a variable horizontal size?
35. If yes, how?
ANS:- By the use anchors.
36. What are the two repeating frame always associated with matrix object?
ANS:- One down repeating frame below one across repeating frame.
37. Is it possible to split the print reviewer into more than one region?
38. Does a grouping done for objects in the layout editor affect the grouping done in the datamodel editor?
39. How can a square be drawn in the layout editor of the report writer?
ANS:- By using the rectangle tool while pressing the (Constraint) key.
40. To display the page no. for each page on a report what would be the source & logical page no. or & of physical page no.?
41. What does the term panel refer to with regard to pages?
ANS:- A panel is the no. of physical pages needed to print one logical page.
42. What is an anchoring object & what is its use?
ANS:- An anchoring object is a print condition object which used to explicitly or implicitly anchor other objects to itself.
43. What is a physical page ? & What is a logical page ?
ANS:- A physical page is a size of a page. That is output by the printer. The logical page is the size of one page of the actual report as seen in the Previewer.
44. What is the frame & repeating frame?
ANS:- A frame is a holder for a group of fields. A repeating frame is used to display a set of records when the no. of records that are to displayed is not known before.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.