ORACLE CAMPUS PLACEMENT PAPER (TECHNICAL)
PAPER: ORACLE CAMPUS PLACEMENT PAPER (TECHNICAL)
1. What is a visual attribute?
ANS:-Visual Attributes are the font, color and pattern characteristics of objects that operators see and interact with in our application.
2. What are the types of visual attribute settings?
ANS:-Custom Visual attributes, Default visual attributes ,Named Visual attributes.
3. What is a window?
ANS:-A window, by itself , can be thought of as an empty frame. The frame provides a way to interact with the window, including the ability to scroll, move, and resize the window. The content of the window ie. what is displayed inside the frame is determined by the canvas View or canvas-views displayed in the window at run-time.
4. What are the different types of windows?
ANS:-Root window, secondary window.
5. Can a root window be made modal?
6. List the buil-in routine for controlling window during run-time?
7. List the windows event triggers available in Forms 4.0?
ANS:-When-window-activated, when-window-closed, when-window-deactivated, when-window-resized
8. What built-in is used for changing the properties of the window dynamically?
9. What is a canvas-view?
ANS:-A canvas-view is the background object on which you layout the interface items (text-items, check boxes, radio groups, and so on.) and boilerplate objects that operators see and interact with as they run your form. At run-time, operators can see only those items that have been assigned to a specific canvas. Each canvas, in term, must be displayed in a specific window.
10. Give the equivalent term in forms 4.0 for the following. Page, Page 0?
ANS:-Page - Canvas-View
Page 0 - Canvas-view null.
11. What are the types of canvas-views?
ANS:-Content View, Stacked View.
12. What is the content view and stacked view?
ANS:-A content view is the "Base" view that occupies the entire content pane of the window in which it is displayed. A stacked view differs from a content canvas view in that it is not the base view for the window to which it is assigned
13. List the built-in routines for the controlling canvas views during run-time?
14. What is an Alert?
ANS:-An alert is a modal window that displays a message notifies the operator of some application condition
15. What are the display styles of an alert?
ANS:-Stop, Caution, note
16. Can you attach an alert to a field?
17. What built-in is used for showing the alert during run-time?
18. Can you change the alert messages at run-time? If yes, give the name of the built-in to change the alert messages at run-time.
19. What is the built-in function used for finding the alert?
20. List the editors available in forms 4.0?
ANS:-Default editor, User defined editors, system editors.
21. What built-in routines are used to display editor dynamically?
ANS:- Edit_text item , show_editor
22.. What is an Lov?
ANS:-A list of values is a single or multi column selection list displayed in a pop-up window
23. Can you attach an lov to a field at design time?
24:- Can you attach an lov to a field at run-time? if yes, give the build-in name.
25. What is the built-in used for showing lov at runtime?
26. What is the built-in used to get and set lov properties during run-time?
ANS:-Get_lov_property , Set_lov_property
27. What is a record Group?
ANS:-A record group is an internal oracle forms data structure that has a similar column/row frame work to a database table
28. What are the different type of a record group?
ANS:-Query record group, Static record group, Non query record group
29. Give built-in routine related to a record groups?
ANS:- Create_group (Function)
30. What is the built_in routine used to count the no of rows in a group?
31. List system variables available in forms 4.0, and not available in forms 3.0?
32. System.effective_date system variable is read only True/False
33. What is a library in Forms 4.0?
ANS:-A library is a collection of Pl/SQL program units, including user named procedures, functions & packages
34. Is it possible to attach same library to more than one form?
35. Explain the following file extension related to library:- .pll,.lib,.pld?
ANS:-The library pll files is a portable design file comparable to an fmb form file
The library lib file is a plat form specific, generated library file comparable to a fmx form file
The pld file is Txt format file and can be used for source controlling your library files
36. How do you pass the parameters from one form to another form?
ANS:-To pass one or more parameters to a called form, the calling form must perform the following steps in a trigger or user named routine execute the create_parameter_list built_in function to programmatically. Create a parameter list to execute the add parameter built_in procedure to add one or more parameters list. Execute the call_form, New_form or run_product built_in procedure and include the name or id of the parameter list to be passed to the called form.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.