ORACLE PLACEMENT PAPER-2003 (APTITUDE)
PAPER: ORACLE PLACEMENT PAPER-2003 (APTITUDE)
Directions for questions 1-3: Each question consists of six statements followed by 3 statements put together in a specific order .Choose the option where the third statement is a conclusion drawn from the previous 2 statements.
1) A. Final Year students would like a good career.
B. All final year students are eligible as candidates for MBA entrance exam.
C.Final Year students are entitled to work towards a good career.
D.Some of those who are candidates for an MBA entrance exam are final year students
E.All those eligible as candidates for an MBA exam are eligible for a good career
F.All those who would like a good career are entitled to it.
1. AEF 2. EBC 3.BCF 4.CDF
2) A. All bright people acknowledge brains in others
B. Some knowledgeable men are bright
C. Some knowledgeable men do not acknowledge brains in others
D. Some knowledgeable men are persons who are bright
E. Some knowledgeable men are not bright
F. All bright people do not necessarily acknowledge brains in others
1. ABE 2. ACF 3.ADE 4. ACE
3) A. Some thoughts lack clarity
B. Anything unclear is not worth writing about
C. Some thoughts are worth writing about
D. All thoughts lack clarity
E. Some thoughts are clear
F. No thought is worth is writing about
1. ABF 2.BCD 3.BEF 4.BDF
Directions for questions 4 to 6:Arrange the sentences A,B,C,D in a logical sequence to form a coherent paragraph.
4) A. How do you set your mental co-ordinates vis a vis the external variables if every- thing changes so fast ?
B. Modern life is about managing the prices and consequences of changes
C. That is creating a problem
D. The pace of the changing process seems to be getting quicker overtime
1. ABDC 2.DCAB 3.BDCA 4.BCDA
5) A. Infect trying to calculate an element of chance
B. The rather fanciful idea of Lady Luck favoring her own can be traced back to Pagan times when lucky gamblers were thought to be the beloved of the goddess of Good fortune
C. Risks were taken in order to gain her approval ,and one of these risks was trying to Guess what would happen "for example ,which way a leaf would fall ,which way a Frog would jump
D. She was seen as being capricious and prone ,occasionally ,to mockery
1. BCAD 2.BDCA 3.BADC 4.BDAC
6) A. It is because Japanese companies do not have to pay the consultancies' inflated fees the argument goes ,that companies have more money to devote to 'real' investment and because they are not tempted to follow the latest management fashions that they can develop a coherent ,long term strategy.
B. The average salary man,relaxing after a ten hour day over yakitori and sake ,hardly Spends his time talking about Drucker "san and Peter-san .
C. It might seem far fetched to argue that Japan 's post war growth has anything to do With management theory.
D. Critics of management theory happily point out that thirty years after arriving , Western consultancies are still to make ends meet ,and that Japan has few business Schools ,none of them very prestigious.
1. CADB 2. CBDA 3. DBAC 4. DBCA
Directions for questions 7 to 9 :Each question consists of a sentence ,part of which is underlined .Choose the option that best replaces the underlined part
7) Nearly everyone know that exercise has numerous health benefits for people of all ages and physical conditions .
1. Nearly everyone know that exercise has numerous .
2. Nearly everyone knows that exercise has numerous
3. Everyone nearly knows that exercise having numerous
4. Everyone nearly have know that exercise has numerous
8) The researchers hope to study a large patient group to investigate the effect further and finding out how long the effects last
1. finding out
2. to find out
3. for finding
4. to finding
9) Having failed to work out a viable marriage with the BSP twice in the past ,another hasty alliance shouldn't have been entered into by the BJP
1. another hasty alliance shouldn't have been entered into by the BJP
2. a hasty alliance should have been avoided by the BJP
3. the BJP's entering into hasty alliance shouldn't have been done by them.
4. the BJP should not have entered into a hasty alliance
Directions for questions 10 to 12: Choose the word that is least related to the question word.
1. puny 2. colossal 3.prodigious 4.towering
1. tribulation 2. copious 3. .affliction 4.torment
1. enclosure 2.corral 3. coop 4.nib
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.