NTPC PAPER - 06 FEB 2008
Given below is the NTPC paper compiled by me and my friend Mr. B.Ramanjeneya Reddy. Hope this would be helpful; to all of you.
1. An ice block submerged in the water, if the ice melts level of water_? (increase, decrease, remains same, none)
2. Simply supported beam with w point load at the middle, max. bending moment_? (wl/4)
3. Simply supported beam with UDL, max.deflection_? (wl4/384EI)
4. Cantilevel beam point load at tip, max.bending momemt comes at_? (end)
5. When bearing life L10 represents_? (bearings 10%survive, bearings 10% fails, none )
6. For welding high carbon steels which type of flame is used_? (oxidizing, carburizing, neutral, none)
7. Arrange the following cutting tools in decreasing order of machining hardness.. Ceramics
8. When P1 and P2 are the loads acting on bearings with life L1 and L2 then L1/L2=?
9. Product simplification does not mean_? (Product characterization)
10. Which of the following process has the most scope in manufacturing_? (CAD/CAM, CAM, CIM, All the above.)
11. Concurrent engineering means_? (Manufacturing, designing, both, none)
12. Which manufacturing process yields higher output and increases worker productivity_? (process layout, line+process, functional layout)
13. 18-4-1 represents_? Tungsten-Cr-Vn
14. For which material is negative allowance provided_? (Graphite, steel, bronze, cast iron)
15. What is the recrystallisation temperature of tin_? (60,300,1000,none)
16. What is the purpose of borax in soldering_?
17. Top gates are provided in which type of casting_? (Shallow casting, simple, complex, none)
18. Which statement is true regarding simple gear trains_? (i/p and o/p shafts r fixed, each shaft has 2 gears, i/p & o/p shafts r moving)
19. What is the purpose of normalizing_? (Refining of grain structure)
20. As the grain size is decreased_? (Hardness increases, corrosion resistance decreases, both)
21. Isothermal gas is filled in a vessel at a pressure P and temperature T then considering the compressible forces as the height increases pressure_?(linearly increases linearly decreases exponentially increase)
22. A bottle is filled with water and air and is tied to a string and is rotated in horizontal direction. Then in which direction will air bubble travel_?
(bottom, neck, uniformly spread)
23. An empty bottle (in vaccum) filled with a gas at temp T and press P when the pressure of bottle reaches P temperature of the gas is_? (T,T/K,TK)
24. Bearing somerfield number _ with load on bearing?
(increases, decreases, no change)
25. Critical radius for a sphere is_? (2k/h)
26. Critical radius exist for_? (spherical, cylindrical, both, slab)
27. Convectional resistance/internal resistance is called_? (biot number)
28. Nusselt no. is_? (hl/k)
30. Which statement is true regarding critical path method_? (only one critical path exists for a network, more than one with same duration)
31. Shipment cost,inspection cost, storage cost comes under_? (carrying cost, holding cost,)
32. Ischronous governers sensitivity is_? (zero, infinite)
33. self energized brakes are_? (friction moment acts in the direction of application of force, opposite to the direction of force, does not need a force to act)
34 The ratio of heat capacities for evaporator and condenser is_? (Zero, infinity)
35. when steam and air mixture with partial pressure 0.06 and 0.07 enters a condenser what is the condenser pressure_? (0.06,0.07,0.53,0.03)
36. In pulverized burning of coal heat transfer from boiler to water occurs through_? (predominant radiation, convection, conduction, conduction+convection)
37. Rankine cycle efficiency for same parameters increases mostly with_? (reheat, regeneration, super heating)
38. Ericson cycle with all reversible processes assume_? (carnot cycle, stirling, brayton)
39. Air delivery tank at outlet of reciprocating compressor is provided for_? (provide constant pressure, avoid cavitation)
40. High speed centrifugal pump has_?
(vanes faces in forward direction side, backward, radial vanes)
41. Thermal efficiency in decreasing order_?
(Otto cycle>dual cycle>diesel cycle)
42. When a 1000 K body comes in contact with atmosphere at 300K a loss of 9000 KJ heat is transferred. The net available energy transferred is_?
43. When entropy of a system increases_? (unavailable energy increases)
44. Rolling is a process widely used for_?
(I section, tubes)
45. Tool nomenclature_?
46. In francis turbine movement of steam_?
47. For low power consumption _? (rake angle should be increased / decreased, nose angle increased/ decreased)
47. Continuous chips occur in_? (High speeds, low speeds, both, none)
48. Primary forces in a reciprocating engine_?
(fully balanced, partially balanced, completely unbalanced, none)
49. In proximate analysis pyrogallol is used for analysis of which element_? (nitrogen, oxygen)
50. Sulphur content in fuel greatly affects_? (corrosion)
51. Heat transfer through radiation can be increased by_? (decreasing emissivity and increases temperature of hot body)
52. Which theory of failure clearly explains the failure in case of ductile material_? (Maximum shear stress theory or Guests or trescas theory)
53. When a material is subjected to continuous cycles which limit is being verified_? (Endurance limit)
54. where is stress concentration maximum_? (notches, stress reducing throughcuts)
55. Power transmitted through a belt drive_? P(T2-T1)
56. According to Eulers theory crippling or buckling load is_? (Wcr = Cp2EI/l2)
57. During sensible heating, specific humidity_? (remains constant)
58. COP of a refrigerator is_? (greater than 1 )
59. The maximum temperature in a refrigeration cycle is_? (less than/greater than/equal to critical temperature)
60. The pressure at the throat of the nozzle_? (maximum, min)
61. for a statically determinate set of forces for equilibrium_? (? f(X),f(Y),f(Z)=0,?M=0)
62. For a statically determinate set of forces_? (there r as many equations as the no. of unknowns)
63. 1-2-3 analysis is used for_? (1.break even analysis, ??)
64. A problem on mean time of service something like a salesman has a rating of 120. considering 10% allowance time calculate the time required to serve 120_?
65. A problem n determining time in a queue??
66. Energy equation for a laminar flow is_? (Uniform and steady, non uniform and unsteady)
67. Undercuts in welding occurs due to_? (low welding current, high welding current)
68. Work holding equipment in shearing_?
69. At the centre of a nozzle_? (Mach no<1 >=1;=1)
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.