NTPC PAPER - 22 APR 2007 - NEW DELHI
I am giving u the pattern of NTPC exam on April 22, 2007 b'cz I have faced the problem of non availability of any pattern or sample questions. It was really an easy paper so the cut off marks r really high. It constitutes of 170 questions (120 tech + 50 apti) in 2hrs.
For tech part the syllabus is same as of the GATE and for apti part R.S.Aggarwal is more than sufficient. As time duration is very short so time management is very important.
For this section no special attention is required only rs aggarwal is enough and it also has easy level of English section.
For this section u have to b good in the basics. No hard question were asked but u should b careful about your time. It has also some part of very basic general knowledge. The questions were from following topics
10-12 q about microprocessor(8085)
3 q abt RS232 standard
7-10 q of GK
4-6 q of opamp
10-15 q of digital comm..
2-5 q of microwave
15-20 q of analog devices
20-23 q of digital electronics(flip flops,gates,mux,no system etc)
1 q of ISO OSI model
5-8 q of control system
10-12 q of signals and their processing
SOME QUESTIONS WHICH I MANAGE TO REMEMBER
1. passage for comp
2. word meaning based (antonym and synonyms) fetter, fester, lucid, anomaly, elucidate etc
3. word analogy based
4. what is a tunnel diode
5. wht is a zener diode
6. effect of + and - feedback on stability
7. composition of gobar gas
8. function of differential in the vehicle
9. function of stack register
10. fun of instruction pointer
11. fun of rst6.5,7.5
12. wht is an interrupt
13. output vtg calc on op amp
14. how a pulse train can b generated using registers
15. conversion of oct to hex, hex to binary
16. fun of quantizer in pcm
17. why fm is less prone to noise
18. fun of limiter in detection of FM
19. wht is envelop detector
20. phase shift of 1/s^2
21. signal limited to 1000 hz sampled at nyquist rate.quantizer has 128 level .calculate the bit rate of the system.
22. 1.5 V battery supply same power to R1 and R2 separately(R1>R2). calc the internal resistance of battery
23. a wire is cut in two halves. one half is again stretched to th twice of length .calc the resistance.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.